Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mads Sørensen 188 posts 433 karma points
    Apr 29, 2020 @ 12:40
    Mads Sørensen

Umbraco 8 Crashes with Multiple Domains.

Hello Umbraco-people

We have been using umbraco for a number of years as the primary CMS system for our clients' websites.

We have also previously used umbraco to handle many websites in one and the same Umbraco instance.

Unfortunately, with Umbraco 8.x.x, we have found that solutions are extremely unstable when handling more than one domain.

We've tried everything, and our conclusion is that there is an error in the way Umbraco 8's Examin index engine handles multiple domains in the same instance.

However, we would like to hear from anyone if they have experienced the same problem with Umbraco 8? And if they might have a solution?

Any hel would be appreciated.

• Jonas Thierry 17 posts 98 karma points notactivated
    Aug 19, 2020 @ 08:13
    Jonas Thierry

We are having the exact same problem, and we cant get any help on the issue. Unfortunately our customers are experiencing lots of problems...

• Jonas Thierry 17 posts 98 karma points notactivated
    Aug 21, 2020 @ 12:48
  • Simon Ulmbrant 34 posts 154 karma points
    Aug 21, 2020 @ 22:11
    Simon Ulmbrant

I got some issues, with multiple domains. Not in the examine index of what I have seen but it could probably be related.

When setting up multiple domains, the default way to pick up the urls for pages seems to be to take the absolute url, but here something is really weird at least in the project I'm working on. When picking up the url, instead of taking the domain you're standing at it takes the first domain in the list making the absolute url wrong.

To solve this for content rendering urls we had to tell it to take the relative url with .Url(mode: UrlMode.Relative) to get it correct. Could this be something messing up the index maybe? Anyhow it feels wrong that the default urls is absolute if that's the case.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft