Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kristian Overgaard 22 posts 184 karma points notactivated
    Apr 29, 2020 @ 17:02
    Kristian Overgaard

Handling User sessions in Umbraco website

I have a seemingly simple question, which i haven't been able to find an answer to.

How would i go about creating a site in Umbraco 8, which supports user logins and session.

Googling for answers redirects me to answers/questions about user sessions in the umbraco backoffice, but what i'm looking for is users for a particular website i want to create using Umbraco.

I'm assuming that it's possible, but haven't had any luck finding examples or docs about it.

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Apr 29, 2020 @ 18:57
    Marc Goodson

Hi Kristian

In Umbraco 'Users' is a term to refer to people who can login to the Umbraco backoffice, and 'Members' is a term to refer to people who can login to the published website.

So if you are searching for Umbraco + Users that's why you are seeing all the information for the backoffice!

This is a good starting point for information about Members: https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/getting-started/data/members/

But essentially you can 'protect' any part of your Umbraco site using the 'Public Access' option on the advance options for any content item (right click the three dots)

You can protect by 'Membership Group'

Then you can create Members, in the Membership section of the backofficd, and assign them to groups.

The use the MembersHelper / MemberService to create Members from a front end form, and log them into Umbraco...

But main thing is if you search for Umbraco + Members you should find much more information on the subject!

regards

Marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft