Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ronen Rimon 22 posts 124 karma points
    Apr 30, 2020 @ 19:06
    Ronen Rimon

I have a problem with azure cdn + umbraco that you maybe can help. I have 2 projects one umbraco 7.15.3 and the second is umbraco 8.6.1 both configured to work with azure storage and cdn (every project with its own storage) both are working fine except for one problem with the umbraco 8

the flow is like this: i upload an image from the umbraco backoffice media section. i can see the image in the right folder in azure storage and i can see the thumbnail in umbraco media section

but when i click the image i can see the properties of it but no image :(

i made number of test and realized that when i use the imageprocessor the image is served with no problem (that is the reason that i can see the thumbnail in umbraco backoffice, the url is http://localhost:6365/media/53lfufg3/call.png?width=500&mode=max&animationprocessmode=first it uses the imageprocessor and everything is working) but when I request the image like http://localhost:6365/media/53lfufg3/call.png i get nothing

any idea? please help if you think of anything that can cause this behavior thank you

• Yakov Lebski 539 posts 2101 karma points
    Apr 30, 2020 @ 19:21
    Yakov Lebski

I think you missing this section in web.config

<configuration>
      <location path="Media">
        <system.webServer>
        <handlers>
            <remove name="StaticFileHandler" />
            <add name="StaticFileHandler" path="*" verb="*"
                preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.StaticFileHandler" />
        </handlers>
        </system.webServer>
      </location>
    </configuration>

May 01, 2020 @ 09:08
    Ronen Rimon

I have this section in the web.config

May 01, 2020 @ 21:27
    Yakov Lebski

can you check what container on your blob is public

• Thomas Rydeen Skyldahl 47 posts 229 karma points
    May 01, 2020 @ 23:16
    Thomas Rydeen Skyldahl

By default ImageProcessor doesn't allow serving images without any querystring arguments for processing

you can change this on the root node in the imageprocessor/processing.config

set

<processing interceptAllRequests="true"  ... 

by default the value is false

May 02, 2020 @ 12:24
    Ronen Rimon

Thank you very very much. this is working great

May 02, 2020 @ 16:37
    Yakov Lebski

I think it not ideal idea to pass all media requests via imageprocessor. I my vision media files should work without depending on image processor.

• Thomas Rydeen Skyldahl 47 posts 229 karma points
    May 02, 2020 @ 19:00
    Thomas Rydeen Skyldahl

It's not a big problem if you use a CDN in front, we normally load images through a CDN pointed directly at the site.

We avoid the built-in CDN handling in image processor as that relies on redirects after the images have been processed and that isn't optimal on larger sites with lots af traffic

• Francis Benyah 35 posts 111 karma points
    Mar 19, 2021 @ 09:52
    Francis Benyah

@Thomas Rydeen Skyldahl does that mean then that your cdn origin is the umbraco website instead of the azure blob storage holding the media and cache folders

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft