Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian Bozarth 10 posts 59 karma points
    May 01, 2020 @ 14:35
    Brian Bozarth

The type or namespace name 'Name' does not exist in the namespace 'Umbraco.Web.PublishedModels'

Been looking at a project in v8 locally and created a PageType for a component just to test called 'HeroTest'. Now I can't build the project in Visual Studio 2017. I am getting this error.

Error CS0234 The type or namespace name 'HeroTest' does not exist in the namespace 'Umbraco.Web.PublishedModels' (are you missing an assembly reference?) MassageEnvy C:\Users\Local Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\temp\ade71005\fab88062\AppWebvtha5sls.0.cs 1 Active

I went back to the earlier build and deleted the PageType from Umbraco. But I am still getting this error. How do I resolve?

I was looking around for answers. and I have this in my web.config.

I went in Umbraco and settings, I have ModelsBuilder installed but no where do I see to build the Models.

Not sure how to resolve?

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    May 01, 2020 @ 14:43
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Brian

ModelsBuilder is part of the core now, so you don't need to install it.

Try to check what ModelsBuilder mode do you use now?

go to web.config -> Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.ModelsMode key

Thanks,

Alex

May 01, 2020 @ 15:35
    Brian Bozarth

It's PureLive currently.... I've gone back and forth to Dll but still getting that error.

May 01, 2020 @ 15:40
    Alex Skrypnyk

For using ModelsBuilder classes in Visual Studio try to use "AppData" mode, also in this mode, you need to include all classes under /app_data/Models folder into the project.

May 01, 2020 @ 15:46
    Brian Bozarth

I changed it to "AppData", but I am still getting the same error when I try and build in Visual Studio. Also I did not see a /App_Data/Models folder built yet.

May 01, 2020 @ 15:48
    Alex Skrypnyk

Try to go to ModelsBuilder section in Umbraco back officeenter image description here and press generate.

May 05, 2020 @ 14:51
    Brian Bozarth

I have a new problem now... I moved the Solution folder, so I can't load the previous build and can't get into the Umbraco backoffice.

I've done a text search on 'HeroTest' in the directory but didn't came up with anything. Is there a way to reset it so I don't get that error? Not sure where the requirement for 'HeroTest' is... in the solution folder or possibly in the SQL db?

May 05, 2020 @ 16:35
    Alex Skrypnyk

If you can't get into the Umbraco backoffice it looks like db connection issue

May 05, 2020 @ 16:35
    Alex Skrypnyk

What do you mean by moving the solution folder?

• Peter 8 posts 88 karma points
    Nov 20, 2020 @ 10:15
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft