Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rakesh 11 posts 91 karma points
    May 09, 2020 @ 08:11
    Rakesh

Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.Abstractions 2.0.0 Unable to install this package

Hi All,

Am new to Umbraco, On the server side all the necessary software/configuration/content is ready now i need to get that content to my web application(MVC5). So i was trying to install necessary packages like UmbracoCms.8.1.4 and others but am getting error like "Could not install package 'Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.Abstractions 2.0.0'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets '.NETFramework,Version=v4.7.2', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author"

Please help do i need to follow any steps on this.

Details: VS2015 - V14.0 .NET Framework : 4.7.2

Thanks in advance.

Rakesh

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    May 09, 2020 @ 16:12
    Nik

Hi Rakesh,

To start with you will have issues getting it up and running if you are using Visual Studio 2015. As per the docs , the minimum Visual Studio version is version 2017 for version 8+ of Umbraco.

This is because you need a newer version of Nuget to support .Net Standard libraries which VS2015 doesn't have.

Nik

May 11, 2020 @ 05:24
    Rakesh

Thank you so much Nik for replying to my query.

Actually i got confused that on CMS we need VS2017/19.

As per your input and docs i am in mid of installing VS2019.

I will keep my progress here once am done with the installation of VS as well packages.

Thanks! Rakesh Balasubramanya

May 19, 2020 @ 12:41
    Rakesh

Now am able to install the mentioned package on VS2019. Thank you so much for your help

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft