Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• encoredatas 4 posts 73 karma points
    May 09, 2020 @ 20:46
    encoredatas

Maintenance Manager : service is not available

I have installed the package Maintenance Mode V8 2.0 by Kevin Jump in my Umbraco 8.6 installation. I like how it works and it works just fine as expected during debugging in Visual Studio 2019 on my local server. Once I published the site to my hosting provider ASPHostPortal, it stops working and displays the message " service is unavailable". If Maintenance Mode is off it works just fine. I'm wondering is there something in IIS that needs to be turned on or an extension that needs to be installed to allow the redirect to the Maintenance page. Or is there a ASP.net web config setting that I need to add to ensure that this works. Thanks for any help in advance!!

• Istvan Pszota 59 posts 191 karma points
    Nov 23, 2020 @ 18:38
    Istvan Pszota

Hi!

Experiencing the same. Working correctly on localhost but displays "The service is unavailable." when trying on Azure.

Have you had any luck solving this?

Thanks, Istvan

• Gerhard Grossberger 54 posts 178 karma points
    Nov 02, 2022 @ 10:19
    Gerhard Grossberger

Experiencing the same issue on an IIS, works great on local machine and also if I go to the server and call the website locally there, but not from any remote machine.

Did any of you solve this? Looks like it´s some customError handling that returns the page for 503.

• Huw Reddick 1702 posts 5999 karma points MVP c-trib
    Nov 02, 2022 @ 10:26
    Huw Reddick

yes, you need to set up error handling in your web.config like below

<system.web>
        <customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="/error500" redirectMode="ResponseRewrite">
          <error statusCode="503" redirect="/MaintenancePage" />
        </customErrors>
    </system.web>

and

<system.webServer>
        <httpErrors errorMode="Custom" existingResponse="Replace">
          <error statusCode="503" prefixLanguageFilePath="" path="/MaintenancePage" responseMode="ExecuteURL" />
        </httpErrors>
    </system.webServer>

• Gerhard Grossberger 54 posts 178 karma points
    Nov 02, 2022 @ 11:26
    Gerhard Grossberger

Thanks, that´s the same solution I came up with,

But this circumvents the possibility in the package to choose your own MaintenancePage in Umbraco, if it´s already fixed here.

• Huw Reddick 1702 posts 5999 karma points MVP c-trib
    Nov 02, 2022 @ 13:12
    Huw Reddick

you would obviously need to update the web.config to match the template used, we use a custom one called UnderMaintenance

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft