Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Patrick van Kemenade 101 posts 339 karma points
    May 12, 2020 @ 09:05
    Patrick van Kemenade

Umbraco adds ?width=1200 to an image when I add it in the RTE editor how to control this?

Umbraco adds ?width=1200 to an image when I add it in the RTE editor how to control this?

Is there any setting where images > 1200 (in this case imange was 2700 px wide) are resized, to set it to another value ?

Is it possible to disable this functionality all together? Because I have a CDN with image processor that will return the proper sized images anyway.

• Steve Morgan 1345 posts 4452 karma points c-trib
    May 13, 2020 @ 09:04
    Steve Morgan

Hi,

I never knew it did this ( I hate editors adding images in RTEs!). Seems there was a long time argument about this and someone added a setting in the RTE for it https://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4729 (you need to edit the data type on your doc type), the default is 500px - change it to 0 or I guess create a different RTE instance on different doc types to control this behaviour.

Edit RTE width setting

• Patrick van Kemenade 101 posts 339 karma points
    Jun 06, 2020 @ 14:44
    Patrick van Kemenade

Yes, I know that settings and changed it to 0, but still stuck with 1200px.

Think the first part of your answer "I hate using images in RTE" is the correct one. If you don't use images inside the RTE but instead use the Grid functionality to create colums and place images in that it works like expected.

Coming from Wordpress websites (before Gutenburg) I was used to doing multiple things inside the RTE but in Umbraco it's better to keep text / images / macro and stuff seperated and not combine those in one RTE I guess.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft