Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Johan Dahlström 33 posts 146 karma points
    May 12, 2020 @ 19:53
    Johan Dahlström

Umbraco backoffice sign in issue with multiple sites

I have 2 sites running on the same machine. For some reason, one of the sites is having trouble logging in to the Umbraco backoffice. The PostLogin endpoint throws: Unable to connect to the remote server: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:443 when I try to sign in.

I have no SSL cert on the machine itself, I believe it's in the netscaler. Hence it makes sense why the request fails. I have tried setting umbracoUseSSL to false, but it still insists on using port 443. Also, I've tried an explicit umbracoApplicationUrl="http://localhost:8081/umbraco" but the problem remains.

Any ideas?

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    May 13, 2020 @ 08:52
    Steve Morgan

Hi,

If both sites are running on localhost this is a known issue and a limitation of cookies.

The Umbraco auth tokens are stored against localhost and hte port numbers don't get considered so Site A will struggle with Site B's cookies.

Easiest fix I've found is to do one of the following:

1. Use different browsers for each site
    2. Clear your cookies each swap
    3. Run the sites under a local domain e.g. local.siteA local.SiteB
    May 13, 2020 @ 12:47
    Johan Dahlström

Hi Steve,

I believe that the problem is that umbraco is trying to make a qualified guess about it's URL when using the PostLogin endpoint. Since I don't have an SSL certificate on the machine itself, is there any way to force it to use port 80 for the requests? Or set the request urls explicitly? I have tried the methods in my previous post without success.

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    May 13, 2020 @ 14:38
    Steve Morgan

What value have you got in the web.config for umbracoUseSSL (v7) or Umbraco.Core.UseHttps (v8) ?

May 13, 2020 @ 18:21
    Johan Dahlström

I'm using Umbraco 7 and umbracoUseSSL is set to false. Setting it to true seems to cause an infinite redirect loop.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft