Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ayo Adesina 430 posts 1023 karma points
    May 13, 2020 @ 20:26
    Ayo Adesina

Upgrade Error: 8.5.5 to 8.6.1

Hi guys, I tried to upgrad from 8.5.5 to 8.6.1 using nuget. Manged to build the solution.

But then when I tried to go through the installation I got this:

The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: An explicit DROP INDEX is not allowed on index umbracoRelationType.IX_umbracoRelationType_alias. It is being used for UNIQUE KEY constraint enforcement. Please check log file for additional information (can be found in '/App_Data/Logs/')

My Database is running in Azure, if that makes any diffrence.

Any ideas?

UPDATE: I have also tried the same process to go from 8.5.5 to 8.6.1 and had the same result.

May 15, 2020 @ 17:14
    Ayo Adesina

Any ideas on this?

May 23, 2020 @ 18:41
    Ayo Adesina

There is absolutly nothing I can do about this it seems.

No one... got any idea what so ever on this?

May 31, 2020 @ 23:45
    Ayo Adesina

I can't belive no one else has had this problem. - I feel like I migth end up being stuck on this versoin of umbraco for ever.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jun 15, 2020 @ 11:59
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Hey there Ayo, this seems to be something going wrong in a few people's databases, but we can't put our finger on exactly what the cause is, there are constraints in the DB that Umbraco didn't create and should be dropped. See this topic as well, it has the DROP statement you can run: https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/102207-unable-to-upgrade-form-855-to-860

I've reported it as a bug for the community to work on: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/8291

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft