Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jorge Ribeiro 29 posts 213 karma points
    May 15, 2020 @ 10:30
    Jorge Ribeiro

Hello

Pretty new to Umbraco here... I made an umbraco site for our internet site and want to create an intranet portal using also umbraco.

My aim is to have a framework that already provides localization, authentication, authorization, and the abilities to add content like a truly CMS, but then I want to add custom modules that implement business applications.

I want the user to be able to interact with such applications, as well as having the CMS functionality also available.

How can this be possible? Whats the best way to accomplish this? Is by implementing areas and controllers, specific for the business application itself and add them directly in umbraco solution or is here another way?

It dont seems to exist much information regarding this.

Umbraco is excellent, by the way! Love it!

Regards,

Jorge

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    May 15, 2020 @ 14:38
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Jorge

Have a look at uIntra - https://our.umbraco.com/packages/collaboration/uintra/

It looks like it has some functionality you need.

Thanks,

Alex

• Jorge Ribeiro 29 posts 213 karma points
    May 29, 2020 @ 11:42
    Jorge Ribeiro

Hello Alex

Thanks for your reply!

I checked uintra but not sure if it's what I need. I'm pretty new to Umbraco and there are several questions that I first need to get answered before I'm able to decide properly.

I'll try to explain myself better.

Imagine you have several MVC .net applications in your company, and need to build more with time. Each one is a separate project/solution, has its own authentication, authorization, interface, logging, etc... What I need is a way to put them altogether.

What is the best practice? Put all applications code inside umbraco solution/project making that huge?! How can I maintain a project for each application and call that app from inside umbraco?

I guess my question may be some kind of a strange one but I want to built an intranet with umbraco, and inside it add those applications that nowadays are accessible independently. I could code them all inside umbraco project but do not seem to be the best approach to me.

There is not much documentation about integrating apps with umbraco latest version.

Thanks!

Regards,

Jorge

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft