Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Göran Westman 10 posts 90 karma points
    May 17, 2020 @ 12:13
    Göran Westman

Restore from cache, or better ideas...

Hi!

I'm trying to make some template changes to an existing live Umbraco site...

Just to work in a safer enviroment I would like to have an local copy to fiddle around with and make the adjustments, and then when I'm satisfied with the result upload it on to the server.

The live server runs on Azure, and I'm able to get FTP access and retrive the files, but when i try to export the database it asks for an server admin password that I don't have.

I've seen that some files (umbraco.config?) contains some kind of cache of the database, is it possible to rebuild an local database from cache files?

I don't need all of the entries, but I would like to have the structure and functions of the live site to have the abillity to test properly.

I tried to install uSync, but it resulted in "Yellow screen of death" on the live server at installation so I hurried to get it uninstalled...

I'm not an Umbraco guy at all...just trying to help out an organization that I'm involved in...and I do want to mess up as little as possible on the live site.

Any ideas?

The server runs Umbraco 7.13 and all the template files are in /masterpages/ so they cant be edited from the backend...I can edit them offsite and upload them, but then I'm still messing with the live external site.

Best regards Göran Westman

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft