Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Flemming Christensen 6 posts 75 karma points
    May 19, 2020 @ 11:33
    Flemming Christensen

Error migrating from 7.15.4 to 8.1.5 - "Value can not be null"

After login and clicked to start the update/migrator, it runs for a good time and stops with this error:

Error during installation The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key Please check log file for additional information (can be found in '/App_Data/Logs/')

This is what I can see happens in the log:

{"@t":"2020-05-12T12:09:15.3229071Z","@mt":"SQL [1215]: UPDATE [umbracoDataType] SET\n [umbracoDataType].[propertyEditorAlias]=@0\n \nWHERE (([umbracoDataType].[propertyEditorAlias] = @1))\r\n -- @0:Umbraco.ColorPicker @1:Umbraco.ColorPickerAlias\r\n","SourceContext":"Umbraco.Core.Migrations.Expressions.Execute.Expressions.ExecuteSqlStatementExpression","ProcessId":4740,"ProcessName":"w3wp","ThreadId":86,"AppDomainId":2,"AppDomainAppId":"XXXXXX","MachineName":"XXXXX","Log4NetLevel":"INFO ","HttpRequestNumber":8,"HttpRequestId":"02857d94-2e7b-4c45-b600-7aaa3740c1ba"}

{"@t":"2020-05-12T12:09:34.7008324Z","@mt":"Database configuration failed","@l":"Error","@x":"System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.\r\nParameter name: key\r\n at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)\r\n at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)\r\n at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement](IEnumerable1 source, Func2 keySelector, Func2 elementSelector, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.Upgrade.V80_0.DataTypeMigration.Migrate()\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.MigrationBase.Umbraco.Core.Migrations.IMigration.Migrate()\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.MigrationPlan.Execute(IScope scope, String fromState, IMigrationBuilder migrationBuilder, ILogger logger)\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.Upgrade.Upgrader.Execute(IScopeProvider scopeProvider, IMigrationBuilder migrationBuilder, IKeyValueService keyValueService, ILogger logger)\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.Install.DatabaseBuilder.UpgradeSchemaAndData(MigrationPlan plan)","SourceContext":"Umbraco.Core.Migrations.Install.DatabaseBuilder","ProcessId":4740,"ProcessName":"w3wp","ThreadId":86,"AppDomainId":2,"AppDomainAppId":"XXXXXXX","MachineName":"XXXXXX","Log4NetLevel":"ERROR","HttpRequestNumber":8,"HttpRequestId":"02857d94-2e7b-4c45-b600-7aaa3740c1ba

I found that

"@t":"2020-05-12T12:09:15.3229071Z","@mt":"SQL [1215]: UPDATE [umbracoDataType] SET\n [umbracoDataType].[propertyEditorAlias]=@0\n \nWHERE (([umbracoDataType].[propertyEditorAlias] = @1))\r\n -- @0:Umbraco.ColorPicker @1:Umbraco.ColorPickerAlias\r\n","SourceContext":"Umbraco.Core.Migrations.Expressions.Execute.Expressions.ExecuteSqlStatementExpression","ProcessId":4740,"ProcessName":"w3wp","ThreadId":86,"AppDomainId":2,"AppDomainAppId":"LMW3SVC9ROOT","MachineName":"GILER","Log4NetLevel":"INFO ","HttpRequestNumber":8,"HttpRequestId":"02857d94-2e7b-4c45-b600-7aaa3740c1ba"}

This will fail, because my database schema hasn't been changed yet. It's looking for the table: [umbracoDataType] but in my database the name is still [cmsDataType]

Am I doing the migration wrong? Do I need to add some /migration to the url when I start the umbraco website?

/Flemming

• ian 35 posts 135 karma points
    Sep 09, 2020 @ 10:47
    ian

Hi,

I'm migrating to 8.1 from 7.15.5 and having what looks like the same error. Did you find a fix?

Ian

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft