Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• bh 408 posts 1395 karma points
    May 20, 2020 @ 12:46
    bh

The key cannot be deleted. The key to be deleted is already deleted from an index by another concurrent session.

I've been running my Umbraco instance on a SQL 2016 server. I need to convert to SQLCE which I've done. I changed the connection string for my site to point to the SQLCE database, but now when I load my site in the browser I get this error...

The key cannot be deleted. The key to be deleted is already deleted from an index by another concurrent session.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    May 20, 2020 @ 13:19
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Ben,

I think you need to refresh Examine indexes.

Try to do it via Umbraco backend or go to /app_data/ and remove TEMP folder.

Thanks,

Alex

May 20, 2020 @ 13:50
    bh

Couldn't get to Umbraco backend (got same error). I removed the /App_data/Temp folder, cleaned and rebuilt. Still got the same error.

The stack trace looked like it was caused by uSync. I don't use uSync so I uninstalled uSync. Then cleaned/rebuilt. That did the trick.

May 20, 2020 @ 16:56
    bh

Alex maybe you can help me with something. So my local instance is running from my SQLCE database. I changed a doctype there. Saved it. Copied the SQLCE database to my QA instance, but my QA instance is showing the DocType as what it looked like before the changes I made locally. How can that be?

I did Build Models > Compiled my solution > copied my dll to QA. That didn't help.

My QA web.config is pointed to the SQLCE database. I don't understand how there could be a discrepancy between my local and my QA.

May 20, 2020 @ 19:58
    Alex Skrypnyk

Truly said it's not possible, definitely something behind the scene.

If you go to Umbraco backend to the doctype - does it show the change?

It should get data from the database and you moved the database so it should be in place.

Ben, the recommended way to transfer db changes between environments is using uSync or Umbraco Deploy, it's not the best idea to copy db.

May 20, 2020 @ 20:05
    bh

My local shows the change to the doctype.

The QA instance does not show the change to the doctype.

On QA i tried recycling the apppool and the site in IIS. That didn't help.

May 20, 2020 @ 20:07
    Alex Skrypnyk

do you use something like uSync?

May 20, 2020 @ 20:14
    bh

Previously for this particular site I had my local and my QA instances sharing a SQL database. So, uSync didn't work in that setup. Sharing the database between the two instances caused all kinds of issues due to the load balancing stuff in umbraco. That's why I just switched to a SQLCE my thought was I could just copy the database from my local to QA to keep the two sync'd up.

My production environment is whole other story. It has it's own SQL server database at present. Production and local/qa are not in sync at all in terms of content. I was leary of using usync b/c I didn't want to accidentally overwrite content in production so I manually duplicated my changes from QA to production.

BTW i've been using this SQLCE technique with several other local/qa sites and it's worked fine for those.

May 20, 2020 @ 20:49
    bh

I had uSync still installed on my QA site. So I uninstalled it there. Cleared out my app_data/temp folder in QA. Then I re-published the Umbraco.sdf and all my views from local to QA.

Now, when I go in the backend of Umbraco everything looks right. Hooray for that.

BUT...

When I browse to my page...it's still trying to load the old view *.cshtml (even though that's been replaced on the server and when I look at the view in Umbraco backend I see my new view). Sounds like a cacheing issue to me.

I recycled the apppool and the site in IIS. That didn't help.

I went to the parent node of my page and republished it and all it's children. That didn't help.

I tried clearing the site cache: https://qa.crescentcommunities.com/Umbraco/dialogs/republish.aspx?xml=true

May 21, 2020 @ 13:48
    bh

This all amounted to user error. I had an error in my template.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft