Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jimmy 31 posts 147 karma points
    May 20, 2020 @ 14:02
    Jimmy

Hi

We got this weird upload issue in the Media section in backoffice. Both running local on Visual Studio and on the live server.

If we restart the site, we can upload a single small file, and then is fails after that.

Here is the log, any suggestions/help would be much appreciated.

{"@t":"2020-05-20T13:58:59.5078824Z","@mt":"Could not acquire actionExecutedContext.Response.Content","@l":"Error","@x":"System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.\r\n at Umbraco.Web.WebApi.Filters.FileUploadCleanupFilterAttribute.OnActionExecuted(HttpActionExecutedContext actionExecutedContext) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Web\WebApi\Filters\FileUploadCleanupFilterAttribute.cs:line 81","SourceContext":"Umbraco.Web.WebApi.Filters.FileUploadCleanupFilterAttribute","ProcessId":20784,"ProcessName":"iisexpress","ThreadId":61,"AppDomainId":4,"AppDomainAppId":"LMW3SVC2ROOT","MachineName":"DESKTOP-Q19CI17","Log4NetLevel":"ERROR"} {"@t":"2020-05-20T13:58:59.5716783Z","@mt":"Unhandled controller exception occurred for request '{RequestUrl}'","@l":"Error","@x":"System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.\r\n at Umbraco.Web.Editors.MediaController.GetParentIdAsInt(String parentId, Boolean validatePermissions) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Web\Editors\MediaController.cs:line 830\r\n at Umbraco.Web.Editors.MediaController.

May 21, 2020 @ 04:36
    Jimmy

Trying to solve this.

If i use the drag and drop method in an RTE it works fine, also with multiple images.

So I maybe it is something with the "Media Picker" Property editor.

Is there anyway to restore this, if it for some reason broke?

May 23, 2020 @ 07:58
    Jimmy

I solved this.

in web.config i removed

<add key="aspnet:UseTaskFriendlySynchronizationContext" value="false" />

and upload works again. I am not sure why or when this line came into my web.config file.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft