Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ricky 7 posts 76 karma points
    May 21, 2020 @ 15:53
    Ricky

Examine Index not populating on startup - Azure App Service

Hi,

I have two solutions that are built to be hosted as an Azure app. When starting the applications without an App Data folder, the examine index is created but not populated. When i go into the CMS, the index contains 0 items and when rebuilt everything works as intended.

Strangely it only occurs on one of the V8.6.1 solutions. Both have been setup identically and use Temp Storage. One works fine whereby the index is populated and the other errors as the documenttypes do not exist.

<!-- Azure App Service Configuration -->
    <add key="Umbraco.Core.MainDom.Lock" value="SqlMainDomLock" />
    <add key="umbracoLocalTempStorage" value="EnvironmentTemp" />
    <add key="Umbraco.Core.LocalTempStorage" value="EnvironmentTemp" />
    <add key="Umbraco.Examine.LuceneDirectoryFactory" value="Examine.LuceneEngine.Directories.SyncTempEnvDirectoryFactory, Examine" />

Does anyone have any insights? Permissions perhaps?

• Ricky 7 posts 76 karma points
    May 22, 2020 @ 12:43
    Ricky

It seemed the issue was that when testing locally the temp storage was created initially and when deleting the AppData folder it would recreate the appdata folder with an empty index. it wouldn't copy the index from the temp store. Its an edge case as when deployed to azure it works fine.

I do encounter an issue where my application loads before the index has been built and errors but on a subsequent refreshes that generally resolves itself.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft