Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• aksolomeo 1 post 21 karma points
    May 22, 2020 @ 18:23
    aksolomeo

Trouble logging in in Umbraco Back Office

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble logging in into Umbraco Back Office and would really appreciate your help!

I tried every solution possible to fix it, that I could find online. The weird thing is that 3 months ago when I have made the project everything was working just fine. And also, when I sent this project in to my friend, he can also log in without problems.

The last thing I tried was to change my username and password to admin / default in SQL and then changing passwordFormat to "Clear" in web.config, but with no success.

I also tried adding UmbracoAdminReset.dll to my bin folder and going to URL but I would get a message that changing password is not possible.

Here are couple screenshot so you can see what I tried:

umbracoUser table screenshot

enter image description here

Moreover, I tried hard clearing cache in my browser, changing browsers etc without success.

Thank You in advance

• Yakov Lebski 554 posts 2118 karma points
    May 23, 2020 @ 16:15
    Yakov Lebski

The simple way to fix it, install new instance of umbraco (one the same version) on new database and copy known hash from new DB to existing.

Note: this table is cached, when you doing changes you need restart application to apply

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft