Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• TechUser28 1 post 71 karma points
    May 25, 2020 @ 16:30
    TechUser28

Site Redirect to New Domain but not /Umbraco

Hi - I hope someone here can help me...

I need to divert a legacy e-commerce Umbraco site to a new site elsewhere on the web (not Umbraco - hosted e-commerce), but I do not want to divert the backend (/umbraco) - which we still need to access for a while to process refunds, returns etc in the old solution.

Unfortunately, having not been told of the need for backend access (and having checked) we elected to use IIS HTTP Redirect - which works great, but does mean that every request for the backend gets diverted too. We don't need to pass any variables between the two sites - its as simple as "use any form of the old url and we'll send you to the base url of the new site" (hence why http redirect was the easiest solution...until we were told about the backend need).

Regex and HTTP Rewrites make my head hurt, but is that the solution? Can someone tell me how please?

I should add that we can get at any file in the site structure, so can make manual changes to key Umbraco files if required; and we have full control of IIS - but we don't have Umbraco backend access (unless we temporarily take the redirect off) but even then the user accounts we have don't give us full access (the e-commerce package seems to control full admin somehow and we just don't have the creds required).

Thanks in advance.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft