Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fahad 5 posts 75 karma points
    May 28, 2020 @ 04:56
    Fahad

Setup Umbraco 8 using SQL Server Management Studio

Hi, I have downloaded the Umbraco 8 and want to use Sql Server (.mdf) rather than the internal db (.sdf). Whenever I try connect the instance it give me error:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: 'Invalid object name 'umbracoKeyValue'.'

The query string I'm using the connect is:

name="umbracoDbDSN" connectionString="Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=db_umbraco;Integrated Security=True;MultipleActiveResultSets=True;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    May 28, 2020 @ 08:24
    Steve Morgan

Hi,

I never use integrated security but this works for me:

<add name="umbracoDbDSN" connectionString="data source=DELL\SQLEXPRESS;database=umbracov861;Integrated Security=SSPI;persist security info=True;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

May 28, 2020 @ 08:25
    Steve Morgan

Though your error seems to be suggesting that it can't find the table umbracoKeyValue on the database. Are you sure you've migrated it properly?

May 28, 2020 @ 08:34
    Steve Morgan

If what you've done is create a new blank database and you want the installer to run again afresh and set all the Umbraco tables up for you again then delete the version value in the Umbraco.Core.ConfigurationStatus key around line 26 of the web.config

<add key="Umbraco.Core.ConfigurationStatus" value="" />

Also delete your connection string line.

Then it should fire up the installer when you run the solution.

• Fahad 5 posts 75 karma points
    May 28, 2020 @ 09:17
    Fahad

Thank you so much for replies... Yes I didn't migrated tables from SQL Server Compact db to Ms SQL Server. After I did it works fine.

Thanks once again :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft