Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• keilo 568 posts 1023 karma points
    May 28, 2020 @ 08:28
    keilo

Is there any Rating control for the Umbraco Forms, like from 1 to 10 or star ratings ?

How do you handle getting feedback rating in Umbraco Forms ? Would be interested to hear.

• Steve Morgan 1345 posts 4452 karma points c-trib
    May 28, 2020 @ 08:42
    Steve Morgan

Do you mean you have something like a product page and you want to drop an Umbraco form on the page to capture a user rating?

Off the top of my head you'd probably have to do something like create a custom workflow in Forms to store the submission to a custom table where the product node id is also sent as a hidden variable. Your product page will then need to query this table and average the score to display the average rating.

If you tried to update something on the product node on each submission of the form you'll end up with a publish and history trail for each and every submission - this will quickly get out of hand not to mention you'd have to store each submission into a single field as a csv and add / update each time or add something to a nested content field.

If you think the traffic of the site is low and you can get away with storing on the product node I still think you'd need to create a custom workflow though to add and update rather than just set a value.

I'd suggest the custom table solution is safer - I don't like web users from being able to fire publish events.

Interested to hear if anyone has any alternative solutions.

Steve

May 28, 2020 @ 08:44
    Steve Morgan

As I read that back... I thought Forms is not the right solution for this. Just do a simple WebApi implementation.

A simple ajax form with the product id hidden. Will be much cleaner.

https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/reference/routing/webapi/

• keilo 568 posts 1023 karma points
    May 28, 2020 @ 09:05
    keilo

Hey Steve

Its not a product page but more like a User Survey Form which user fills up and chooses rating for asked question; How do you rate X service: values 1 to 10 (or stars )

I thought I saw a rating control for Umbraco Forms in Perplex but guess was dreaming about it.

May 29, 2020 @ 08:18
    Steve Morgan

Ah yes - what you have said makes sense. I've misread it. Sorry for the noise - hopefully someone else has the answer.

• Piotr Bach 15 posts 129 karma points c-trib
    Oct 12, 2021 @ 09:57
    Piotr Bach

Hi, maybe Star Rating Property Editor will work: https://our.umbraco.com/packages/backoffice-extensions/umbracarestarrating-property-editor/

Best, Piotr

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft