Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• George Phillipson 108 posts 287 karma points
    May 28, 2020 @ 13:49
    George Phillipson

Your review of Umbraco was rejected

Received an email from G2 to complete a questionnaire, filled the form in and submitted it.

Today I receive the following email

Hi George--

Thank you for writing a review of Umbraco. We were unable to approve your review because we couldn’t confirm your professional use of Umbraco.

To approve your review, we need an active LinkedIn profile and/or a valid business email domain. Once you’ve done this, please resubmit your review and our team will re-moderate it.

Really Umbraco - what is the point of sending out emails asking us to complete a questionnaire only to get an email informing us it's been rejected.

• Nik 1597 posts 7156 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    May 28, 2020 @ 14:18
    Nik

Hi George

Curious to know what sort of email this was and who G2 is. Have never known Umbraco to send out those sorts of e-mails so seems a bit odd.

Nik

May 28, 2020 @ 14:46
    George Phillipson

Hi Nick

The website is https://www.g2.com/products/umbraco/reviews

George

• Nik 1597 posts 7156 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    May 28, 2020 @ 16:07
    Nik

How very strange. I don't imaging the reviews are approved by Umbraco or anything though, so I suspect it's more a G2 issue than an Umbraco issue I'd have thought.

I can't be sure thought, but I've never had an e-mail like that from Umbraco :-)

Nik

May 28, 2020 @ 16:17
    George Phillipson

Hi Nick

Does seem a bit strange now, but the wording on the email was that it's from Umbraco. Wonder if Umbraco know about this

George

• Lars Skjold Iversen 7 posts 119 karma points hq
    May 29, 2020 @ 07:38
    Lars Skjold Iversen

Hi George,

First off, #H5YR for reviewing us, we're very appreciative of you taking the time to do that.

I can hopefully shed some light on the situation :-)

At Umbraco we want to be better at spreading the word about Umbraco to new users and one of the ways we want to do that is by getting more user reviews on platforms such as G2. To test it out, we've decided to send out an email - like the one you got - asking some of our users to review us on G2. So the first email you got was indeed sent from us.

From there on, the process is out of our control though. We have no say in the approval of reviews, which is fair, I think. But also makes me wonder why your review was rejected.

The reason they're sharing seems a bit odd, but it might be a measure they've put in to avoid fraudulent reviews.

I'll try to reach out to them and see if they can give me any explanation. It would be very unfortunate if there's more cases like yours.

All the best,

Lars

May 29, 2020 @ 09:36
    George Phillipson

Hi Lars

Thanks for the reply, G2 mentioned the reasons for the decline was I did not have a LinkedIn account, that can be seen here https://uk.linkedin.com/in/georgephillipsonltd?trk=people-guestpeoplesearch-card or a valid business email address, as my website is www.intuwebdesign.com the email I supplied ended with that domain name.

Regards

George

May 29, 2020 @ 09:48
    Lars Skjold Iversen

Hi George,

Strange. If you'd used a generic email like gmail, I'd get why they would need some kind of verification, but not when you use a business email.

Is there any way for you to ask for a manual review of it? I'm guessing it got rejected automatically and I've not had any luck finding anything I can do on my end for it to go through.

Otherwise I know they sometimes ask for a screenshot of the backoffice to prove you're a user. I'm not sure if you did that already or if you even have the option of proving it that way?

Lars

May 29, 2020 @ 09:59
    George Phillipson

Hi Lars

I did a screenshot of the back office, just like you, I'm in the dark :(

Regards

George

May 29, 2020 @ 10:04
    Lars Skjold Iversen

Ugh...

I'll see if anything comes out of reaching out to them and let you know here if they provide any solution.

Lars

May 29, 2020 @ 10:13
    George Phillipson

Hi Lars

No problem, have a good weekend

Regards

George

Jun 03, 2020 @ 06:12
    Lars Skjold Iversen

Hi again George,

I just heard back from G2 and they let me know that your review was now approved. Thanks again for taking the time to review us :-)

Apparently there's been a lot of fraudulent reviews of Umbraco (and others in the CMS category), so to keep it clean they've been a bit more aggressive than usual. That unfortunately means rejecting some legit reviews like yours because of it.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention - now we know there's a potential issue that we can keep an eye on going forward.

Lars

Jun 10, 2020 @ 15:48
    George Phillipson

Hi Lars

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Not been well :( I received an email from G2 informing me that my review has now been approved.

Regards

George

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft