Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael 1 post 71 karma points
    May 28, 2020 @ 21:31
    Michael

Example of using Entity Framework with Umbraco

Hello everyone

Just been introduced with Umbraco 7.5 and I was hoping someone could be kind enough to get me on track here.

I am using a fresh install of Umbraco 7.5.

I have changed it from MVC to web forms.

I then added a couple of tables to the newly created Umbraco database alongside the existing tables.

I have 3 projects.

Project 1 - DAL, currently empty but normally I would have the

2 tables I created in the database, available in this project as I don't want to change the way Umbraco runs. My normal way here is to add a DBML file, drag the two tables I want to work with so it's available where required.

Project 2 - BLL - currently empty but here I would like all my crud operations to sit. This is where I would like to insert, edit records for the tables. I think I would require access to the tables from project 1.

Project 3 - Umbraco site. I will add a reference to the above projects and create user controls to retrieve data.

Could someone please advise how I could install Entity Framework correctly so my project can run correctly using Visual Studio.

If someone can give me a brief example of a demo that would be very helpful so I can see how the tables from project 1 are linked to project 2? I think this way it would fill in the gaps I have and I can question anything later.

Many thanks for any help

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jun 02, 2020 @ 17:59
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hello Michael

Welcome to our forum.

Umbraco is .net CMS and there are no problems for EntityFramework, you can use EntityFramework in the same way as any other .net application.

Thanks,

Alex

• Mashiyat Husain 9 posts 79 karma points
    Jan 31, 2023 @ 12:59
    Mashiyat Husain

Hello Alex

Could you please explain in brief how to add custom database table using Entity Framework ,Actually i have been created one table using EF but i am not able to Access that table kindly please help me or provide some demo project that will use EF CRUD operation with Umbraco mvc.

Note: i am using Umbraco v8 with mvc .net framework.

Thanks in advance

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft