Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Keith Boynton 19 posts 61 karma points
    May 30, 2020 @ 10:57
    Keith Boynton

Images uploaded by Image Cropper are not visible in the Media section

I've added an Image Cropper property editor to a document type and I can create content based on this document type. The content and the various different crops are all rendered just fine in the various views. That part is working perfectly thanks to reading a few posts on here.

The master images get uploaded to a path like this "/Media/<propertyId>/<filename>" which is believe is expected behaviour and works just fine too.

However, the uploaded master image is not visible in the Media section of the backoffice.

Presumbly there is some further configuration needed to expose the uploaded files in the Media section in the backoffice. Has anyone had any experience of this?

• Keith Boynton 19 posts 61 karma points
    May 30, 2020 @ 18:19
    Keith Boynton

It looks like a better way of approaching this is to create a specific image type in the Media Types and use the Image Cropper there with the crops assigned. Then switch the property on the document type from the Image Cropper to a Media Picker.

That way uploads go into the Media section and can be seen and you can still edit the crops directly from the content item with no need to jump out into the Media section.

Seems good to me!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft