Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jefferycxl 35 posts 83 karma points
    May 30, 2020 @ 15:45
    jefferycxl

How do I make parent child article editble after published

Hi guys

I am new to umbraco8 and I have managed to build a site with parent child article feature. But I found after I published parent child articles, the child article is no longer editable.

I can only delete the child article, but not edit it. We do need that ability to edit the child article after publishing.

enter image description here

Does anybody know, how do I make the child article editable after publishing.

Thanks & Regards,

Jeffrey

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    May 31, 2020 @ 06:51
    Marc Goodson

Hi Jeffrey

In the screenshot above, what happens when you click 'article3' in the list of articles? do you see an error message - what should happen is that the main part of the screen becomes an editor for the 'article3' content.

You are also viewing the child articles as 'cards' if you see the two icons on the right hand side, one is nine squares, and the one next to it is a search icon - click the nine squares, and toggle into the list option... you'll then see the articles listed in a table format, and although you should be able to click the title of the article in both layout options to edit the article, be interested if you encounter similar problems in that 'view'.

regards

Marc

• jefferycxl 35 posts 83 karma points
    May 31, 2020 @ 07:58
    jefferycxl

Thank you very much for the solution, change the view back to list and the child article becomes edible.

Cheers,

Jeffrey

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft