Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael Beever 74 posts 155 karma points
    Jun 02, 2020 @ 13:13
    Michael Beever

Hello,

I am trying to only pull certain items into a list trying this

var newsposts = selection.OrderByDescending(x => x.CreateDate).Where(x => x.GetPropertyValue<string>("newType2") == @PageTheme).ToList();

Page loads but nothing is brought back. I have 1 news page that I want all content to display on but if you are in a certain page theme only to bring back the news for that page. I am using an IF statement below to do this but the pagnation doesn't work.

Any ideas?

• Kevin Jump 2309 posts 14673 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jun 02, 2020 @ 14:12
    Kevin Jump

Hi Michael,

there might be other things inside the view but from that bit of code, i think you can remove the @ symbol from @PageTheme

so it looks like:

var newsposts = selection.OrderByDescending(x => x.CreateDate).Where(x => x.GetPropertyValue<string>("newType2") == PageTheme).ToList();

as you are already inside a code block in razor you don't need the @ symbol to identify the variable.

• Michael Beever 74 posts 155 karma points
    Jun 02, 2020 @ 14:16
    Michael Beever

Hi I will try this but I think it is not possible as i am using a multi selection list when creating the news article to allow the items to appear on multiple pages.

• Yakov Lebski 539 posts 2101 karma points
    Jun 02, 2020 @ 20:13
    Yakov Lebski

Also I think is better change order of statements, first where and after order, of course PageTheme should be string

var newsposts = selection.Where(x => x.GetPropertyValue<string>("newType2") == PageTheme).OrderByDescending(x => x.CreateDate).ToList();

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft