Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• bh 405 posts 1382 karma points
    Jun 02, 2020 @ 15:34
    bh

First Time Using Grid Editor - Fail

I've never used the grid editor before. But, I feel like I've got the perfect use case for one now, so I tried adding one, and failed.

I get this error when I go to my page now that contains the grid editor.

Cannot deserialize the current JSON array (e.g. [1,2,3]) into type 'Umbraco.Core.Models.GridValue' because the type requires a JSON object (e.g. {"name":"value"}) to deserialize correctly. To fix this error either change the JSON to a JSON object (e.g. {"name":"value"}) or change the deserialized type to an array or a type that implements a collection interface (e.g. ICollection, IList) like List

What I'm trying to accomplish...

I want the user to be able to add a row of either 2 or 3 columns (4x4x4 or 4x8 or 8x4). I would like the editor for those 3 columns to reuse an existing editor I've already configured that I call CopyBlock (this has two text boxes and an RTE). I see where I can select from RTE, Image, etc. Is it possible to choose an existing editor not in that list?

• bh 405 posts 1382 karma points
    Jun 02, 2020 @ 16:58
    bh

Not a solution but more of a work around.

I created an Element Type DocType called nceCol. nceCol has 3 properties, leftContent, centerContent, rightContent. The property editor for each is CopyBlock which is an implementation of the ncCopy Element Type that has 3 property Title (textbox), Subtitle (textbox), WYSIWYG (rte).

It's not as robust/flexible as a custom grid editor. But, it'll get the job done.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft