Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jorge Ribeiro 29 posts 213 karma points
    Jun 03, 2020 @ 12:17
    Jorge Ribeiro

Need compiling after installing a package?!

Hi

I have two umbraco cms installed... one in development and the other in production. The one in production runs our website and from time to time it will need some new features, like custom made forms.

My idea is to develop those new features in development umbraco, build the package, and install it on production.

I tried to do just that but after installing the package it did not found some namespace. If I recompile production site, after include into the project the area tree that has my form controllers and views, it starts to work. But that isnt what I'm looking for. I need to install the package and be able to run it in production without recompile/reinstall production site.

My development env has one area for each feature I pretend do add.

enter image description here

In the example, I want to make a package for Contact Area. In development I make the package, include the macro that uses my partial view, and the area branch Contact.

When installing that package in production, the area tree is built but I cannot use the macro as it does not find the namespaces MyFirtsForm.Model:

My view contactform.cshtml is:

After installing in production, the area tree is there... all files are there but It doesnt has namespace MyFirstForm.Models... it is not found when using the macro. It works if I include that Contact area in the production project and recompile/reinstall it again. But that's not what I need... I need a plug and play architecture.

How can I accomplish this?

Regards, Jorge

• Jorge Ribeiro 29 posts 213 karma points
    Jun 03, 2020 @ 16:24
    Jorge Ribeiro

Ok so here it is:

you only include in the package the macros, the files for the views that you use, and the compiled bin.

Umbraco puts it all into place

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft