Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Hamilton 36 posts 158 karma points
    Jun 05, 2020 @ 12:51
    Richard Hamilton

Installing Ucommerce - The type 'Ucommerce.Web.Shell.Masterpages.MasterPageShell' is ambiguous

I have installed UCommerce for Umbraco 8

v.9.1.0.20154

It seems extremely slow on my local machine- Umbraco takes about a minute or so to respond then the same again to display the top menu and tree.

When I click on the UCommerce tab at the top, I get the following error:

Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The type 'Ucommerce.Web.Shell.Masterpages.MasterPageShell' is ambiguous: it could come from assembly 'C:...\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\xxx\xxx\bin[projectName].DLL' or from assembly 'C:...\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\xxx\xxx\bin\Ucommerce.Web.Shell.DLL'. Please specify the assembly explicitly in the type name.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Master Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="MasterPageShell.master.cs" Inherits="Ucommerce.Web.Shell.Masterpages.MasterPageShell" %> Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix="uc" Namespace="Ucommerce.Web.Shell.Web.Controls" Assembly="Ucommerce.Web.Shell" %> Line 3:

Source File: /umbraco/ucommerce/shell/Masterpages/MasterPageShell.Master Line: 1

I have found a reference to this but I have checked and the 2 files are set as follows: Set the MasterPageShell.Master.cs and MasterPageShell.Master.designer.cs to Compile/DoNotCopy to Build Process Content.

So don't know what else to do

• pirvandr 1 post 21 karma points
    Jun 09, 2020 @ 09:24
    pirvandr

I am experiencing the same error. I installed a new umbraco v8 with mssql and no template from nuget package. Next, I installed the ucommerce.umbraco8 nuget package. It did create all the entities inside the database, however I can not access it from the Umbraco backoffice as I get the following error.

Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The type 'Ucommerce.Web.Shell.Masterpages.MasterPageShell' is ambiguous: it could come from assembly '..\bin\xxx.DLL' or from assembly '..\bin\Ucommerce.Web.Shell.DLL'. Please specify the assembly explicitly in the type name.

Source Error: Line 1: <%@ Master Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="MasterPageShell.master.cs" Inherits="Ucommerce.Web.Shell.Masterpages.MasterPageShell" %> Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix="uc" Namespace="Ucommerce.Web.Shell.Web.Controls" Assembly="Ucommerce.Web.Shell" %> Line 3:

Source File: /umbraco/ucommerce/shell/Masterpages/MasterPageShell.Master Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.8.4075.0**

• Morten Skjoldager 440 posts 1499 karma points
    Jun 10, 2020 @ 12:50
    Morten Skjoldager

Hi both of you ! 👋

Hope you're doing great. I was wondering what you did to trigger this error.

After installing the Nuget package did you include the entire Ucommerce folder in your web project? Because that will trigger the compilation of the type, thus making it ambigious as found in multiple assemblies?

and it is hard for me to read whether it actually fixes the issue to not set it to compile ?

All the best, Morten 😀

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft