Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• dillorscroft 198 posts 192 karma points
    Jun 08, 2020 @ 12:12
    dillorscroft

MemberHasAccess very slow

I've a site running with Umbraco 8.6.2 that was upgraded over the weekend to see if it eliminated a performance issue.

Unfortunately it didn't fix the problem where using the Member API is very very slow and after a few hours becomes unusable.

Has anyone experienced this? I check the content for Umbraco.MemberHasAccess and it takes upwards of 10 seconds to return. I can see this is in the logs and Application Insight metrics.

Is this a database issue and would scaling the DB improve it?

Is there a memory leak?

Am I calling the method incorrectly?

Umbraco.MemberHasAccess(content.path) etc...

Also login and registration using the members service is very slow too.

Site has approximately 2500 members.

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jun 09, 2020 @ 07:14
    Søren Kottal

I have a site with the same problem - not sure how the problem is originated, but once the IsolatedCache gets filled with members, performance slows down.

So I made a task in Hangfire to occasionally empty that cache. It runs once per hour, and simply runs Current.AppCaches.IsolatedCaches.ClearAllCaches();

The site was built on 8.1, and was since upgraded to 8.4 - not sure if the problem has been solved since 8.1 though...

• iNETZO 133 posts 496 karma points c-trib
    Jun 09, 2020 @ 07:22
    iNETZO

We have also the same problem. We used LeanSentry to indentify why our sites has bad performance after being up for a few hours. The MemberHasAccess method was one of the so called hot paths.

We're using Umbraco 8.2.2 now but for the same reason as dillorscroft we're planning to update to 8.6.2. But if I understand correctly this problem has not yet been resolved in this version.

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jun 09, 2020 @ 07:29
    Nik

Hey all,

If the issue has been identified as it been raised on the issue tracker so the HQ are aware and can investigate it?

Nik

• Bjarne Fyrstenborg 1280 posts 3990 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jun 09, 2020 @ 07:33
    Bjarne Fyrstenborg

On the issue tracker there is an open issue regarding this here: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/7292

/Bjarne

• dillorscroft 198 posts 192 karma points
    Jun 09, 2020 @ 16:12
    dillorscroft

Thanks for the input. I'll code around this for the moment and hang tight for the fix. The Hangfire option might be useful too. Thanks Søren

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft