Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Greg Fyans 140 posts 342 karma points
    Jun 09, 2020 @ 09:42
    Greg Fyans

V7 RTE - When pasting, default to "Paste as text"

Is there a way to change the default paste behaviour of the RTE so that it "pastes as text" i.e. removes all formatting?

It has to be automatic, and it has to be the default behaviour. Asking users to paste into notepad first, or using the remove formatting isn't an option here.

I had a look at the TinyMCE docs and it has a plugin called "PowerPaste" which sounds like it's what I need, BUT, it's a premium plugin and I'm not sure if we can use it with Umbraco (https://www.tiny.cloud/docs/plugins/powerpaste/)

The TinyMCE PowerPaste plugin automatically cleans up content from Microsoft Word/Excel and HTML sources to ensure clean, compliant content that matches the look and feel of the site.

The PowerPaste plugin activates automatically when users paste content into the editor. For basic usage, users are not required to take any action. Simply copy and paste content normally using keyboard shortcuts, the browser’s “Paste” menu item (including from the context menu), or the TinyMCE “Paste” toolbar button.

Q1. Does anyone have experience with paid TinyMCE plans and Umbraco? Can I just buy the plugin separately?

Q2. Is there another way to do this by calling "Remove Formatting" prior to pasting?

Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft