Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Spencer Wilder 4 posts 74 karma points
    Jun 10, 2020 @ 19:48
    Spencer Wilder

I am receiving the error below when trying to edit my Home page in the umbraco v8 backoffice. While working on localhost I added a Rich Text Editor style sheet so the user could format text inside of the RTE. All was well on local host, but after publishing the style sheet cannot be found. I have confirmed that the style sheet is on the server in the correct location. The site is in a subfolder of the parent site. I say this because I know I experienced some difficulties with the usync package because of this reason.

The network tab in the browser inspector shows an error with the GetRulesByName endpoint in the Dependency Handler. Not sure what this means or if I have described it sufficiently.

Please let me know if I am missing important debugging information

Possibly unhandled rejection: {"errorMsg":"Failed to retrieve stylesheets ","data":{"Message":"An error has occurred.","ExceptionMessage":"File '/css/StylesheetDropdown.css' is outside this filesystem's root.","ExceptionType":"System.UnauthorizedAccessException","StackTrace":" at Umbraco.Core.IO.PhysicalFileSystem.GetFullPath(String path)\r\n at Umbraco.Core.IO.PhysicalFileSystem.FileExists(String path)\r\n at Umbraco.Core.IO.ShadowWrapper.FileExists(String path)\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.Implement.StylesheetRepository.Get(String id)\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Services.Implement.FileService.GetStylesheetByName(String name)\r\n at Umbraco.Web.Editors.StylesheetController.GetRulesByName(String name)\r\n at lambdamethod(Closure , Object , Object[] )\r\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>cDisplayClass62.

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jun 10, 2020 @ 21:39
    Nik

Hi Spencer,

I think the fact your site is in a sub folder is the underlying issue. It looks like the RTE is trying to load the file from the complete web-root rather than the sub folder where the site is looked, at least that would be my assumption.

Previously it has been a bit tricky to get an Umbraco site working in a sub directory from what I've seen.

(sorry I don't have an answer)

Nik

• Yakov Lebski 549 posts 2113 karma points
    Jun 11, 2020 @ 03:44
    Yakov Lebski

check what file /css/StylesheetDropdown.css is exist, also check key in web.config example:

<add key="umbracoCssPath" value="~/assets/css" />

this key move css folder to use custom folder, in this case RTE will check in this folder and not it CSS folder

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft