Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kamal Hamzat 17 posts 137 karma points
    Jun 11, 2020 @ 08:43
    Kamal Hamzat

RE : U4-10498 - Some Rich Text Editor controls broken/delayed when edited through a Multi Node Tree Picker

This issue was initially raised by Jame Collins in 2017, please see below:

What did you do? Enabled the "Show open button (this feature is in preview!)" feature on a Multinode Tree Picker Added the Multinode Tree Picker to a Document Type On the content node with the newly added Multinode Tree Picker, used it to pick another Content Node (one that has a Rich Text Editor) Clicked the "open" button on the Multinode Tree Picker item. The picked content node opened in a right fly-out panel. Tried to add a link (also affects adding a media item or macro) What did you expect to happen? I expected the "Select Link" window to appear right away.

What actually happened? The "Select Link" window did not appear right away. In some cases, it took 30 seconds or longer to show up. I know this feature is "in preview" but wanted to get this issue in here anyway. I discovered two clues about this. If I resize my browser window, the "Select Link" window appears right away. Also, if I look at the network traffic in my browser dev tools, it seems that the recurring GetRemainingTimeoutSeconds call causes the window to render as well. As such, the experience is pretty inconsistent from an editors perspective. If they happen to click to insert a link right before GetRemainingTimeoutSeconds fires, then it appears to work. However if they click it right after GetRemainingTimeoutSeconds fires, they need to wait another 30-40 seconds until it fires again to see the window. I've tested this on a stock Umbraco 7.7.1 install, on both Firefox and Chrome on Windows 7.

I am facing the same issue on Umbraco version 7.15.3 assembly: 1.0.7180.24662.

Please I would like to know if there is any fix for this issue or a workaround.

Thanks for your assistance.

Kamal

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft