Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim C 161 posts 528 karma points
    Jun 12, 2020 @ 11:10
    Tim C

App_Code code not being recognised

I am using Umbraco 7 on a hosting service and on one instance have some code in file owCore.cshtml file in App_Code.

public static string getMediaUrl(int mediaId){
                    umbracoHelper = new Umbraco.Web.UmbracoHelper(Umbraco.Web.UmbracoContext.Current);      
                    return umbracoHelper.TypedMedia(mediaId).Url.ToString();
        }

In this instance, I have a partial view which uses this code...

@functions{
    pValue = owCore.getMediaUrl(mediaId);
    }

and it works fine.

I have created a new Umbraco instance on the host and copied across the App_Code folder and the partial view.

However, when I run this, I get

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0103: The name 'owCore' does not exist in the current context

Source Error:

Line 640:                   if(rtn=="mediaUrl"){
    Line 641:                       int mediaId = Int32.Parse(pValue);
    Line 642:                       pValue = owCore.getMediaUrl(mediaId);

I thought APP_code would be automatically compiled and included in any sites.

Am I missing something, do I need to reference App_code in the config somewhere?

(I may have done this in the original instance, but this was created 3 years ago and I can't recall!

• Tim C 161 posts 528 karma points
    Jun 12, 2020 @ 22:00
    Tim C

How many hours have I stared at the code, and debugged it ... before finally spotting I had copied the App_Code folder to the wrong install.

Aaagh!!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft