Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Navin 5 posts 85 karma points
    Jun 12, 2020 @ 14:05
    Navin

Changes in CSS file is not reflecting on the site

Hi All,

I am working with a Umbraco 7.2 version website.

I am in need to modify a CSS file, after modification it is working only in debug mode. Client dependency is enabled on the site and hence when I set debug=false on the web.config the changes are not reflecting on the site.

I went through the forums and followed all recommendations, but nothing works.

In the ClientDependency.config file, I increased the version number.

Also the path looks fine.

Deleted everything under App_Data\TEMP\ClientDependency folder and restarted the site. Clearing browser cache and ctrl+F5 nothing works.

Please advise to sort out this issue.

Thanks.

• Yakov Lebski 553 posts 2117 karma points
    Jun 13, 2020 @ 05:01
    Yakov Lebski

you should change version in ClientDependency.config, for example increase it by one

Jun 13, 2020 @ 15:48
    Navin

Hi Yakov,

Yes, I have already increased my Clientdependency value, but still it is not working.

Before increment: clientDependency version="1566539619" fileDependencyExtensions=".js,.css" loggerType="Umbraco.Web.UI.CdfLogger, umbraco">

After increment: clientDependency version="1566539620" fileDependencyExtensions=".js,.css" loggerType="Umbraco.Web.UI.CdfLogger, umbraco">

• Yakov Lebski 553 posts 2117 karma points
    Jun 14, 2020 @ 13:27
    Yakov Lebski

Are you sure that your css or js bundled with Clientdependency ? you see that instaed off css appears /DependencyHandler.axd ... cdv=1566539620 for debug=false mode and /css/xxx.css?cdv=1566539620 for debug=true mode

I see in some upgrades of Clientdependency what it change section registration in web.config, verify what it

<clientDependency configSource="config\ClientDependency.config" />

Jun 15, 2020 @ 07:13
    Navin

Yes, Yakov. It seems like css and js are bundled with Clientdependency, but, the new updated CSS hasn't reflected on the site.

In the web.config, Clientdependency path defined properly.

<clientDependency configSource="config\ClientDependency.config">

</clientDependency>

Jun 22, 2020 @ 12:36
    Navin

Hi All,

Anyone faced this issue on 7.2 version? Any suggestions will be much helpful for us.

Thanks in advance!!

• Dhanesh Kumar MJ 158 posts 511 karma points c-trib
    Jun 22, 2020 @ 15:08
    Dhanesh Kumar MJ

Hey Navin,

• Make a small change in web.config file(add a space)
    • Change the clientDependency version
    • Make a small change umbracoSettings (add a space)
    • Add version for the style as v=1.121 and check is the same version is showing in the network request?

Regards

Dhanesh :)

• marina.b 13 posts 103 karma points
    Feb 08, 2021 @ 15:03
    marina.b

Hi,

I am using Umbraco 8.10.1. As Navin, I do not see the changes in the CSS reflected in the site. I remember other CMSs have a key in the web config that forces the site to reload all the CSS. Has Umbraco such a key, or do you know how can I do? Do the solutions for version 7 work on version 8?

Thanks.

• james willis 1 post 71 karma points
    May 12, 2021 @ 09:44
    james willis

recycling the app pool in IIS worked for me in v8 with no config changes, have you tried that?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft