Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ault Nathanielsz 87 posts 407 karma points c-trib
    Jun 13, 2020 @ 15:44
    Ault Nathanielsz

8.6.2 - new install "No Factory Has Been Set"

Empty VS2019 project (set up as I do all my projects, empty c# web application but with mvc ticked). Used Nuget PM to add Umbraco.cms.

On 1st build I got:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    No factory has been set.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: No factory has been set.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: No factory has been set.]
       Umbraco.Core.Composing.Current.get_Factory() in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Composing\Current.cs:53
       Umbraco.Web.Composing.ModuleInjector`1.Init(HttpApplication context) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Web\Composing\ModuleInjector.cs:41
       System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +523
       System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +176
       System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +220
       System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +303

[HttpException (0x80004005): No factory has been set.]
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +659
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +89
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +189

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.8.4075.0

After a few ponderings, I downgraded to 8.6.1 (which I have used in the past) and everything ran as expected.

• Ravi Motha 290 posts 500 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jun 15, 2020 @ 09:30
    Ravi Motha

Have you tried again and just doing a clean install to see if it’s replicatable

• Ault Nathanielsz 87 posts 407 karma points c-trib
    Jun 16, 2020 @ 10:59
    Ault Nathanielsz

Just had a go now... unable to replicate.

(It's annoying, but better than finding a serious fault.)

• Robert 1 post 22 karma points
    Jul 19, 2021 @ 19:16
    Robert

I got this issue because the IIS_USRS role did not have sufficient permissions to the folder hosted

• Martin 9 posts 79 karma points
    Aug 21, 2021 @ 07:10
    Martin

I ran into the issue on a new install (8.15.2) and it turned out it was due to me having duplicate connections string named umbracoDbDSN after updating web.config.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft