Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• priya 7 posts 76 karma points
    Jun 15, 2020 @ 17:27
    priya

Umbraco login is not working

I'm having an issue with Umbraco 7.14 with which I can't login to the Umbraco in new server and I receive the message "Login failed for user ". Using developers tools I also get the error "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Authentication/PostLogin 403..

• Dhanesh Kumar MJ 158 posts 511 karma points c-trib
    Jun 16, 2020 @ 03:46
    Dhanesh Kumar MJ

Hi Priya,

You probably tried to login with the wrong password too many times and umbraco locked you out.

To fix this go to the database, open umbracoUser table and update userNoConsole to 0 for your username.

Otherwise ,Please have a look on this thread https://our.umbraco.com/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/50407-Login-failed-for-user-in-Umbraco-7

Regards Dhanesh :)

Jun 16, 2020 @ 04:41
    priya

Passwords are correct. also i can login cms in local system with same db.

Jun 16, 2020 @ 04:52
    Dhanesh Kumar MJ

Hey, Did you go through the above link?

Jun 16, 2020 @ 05:27
    priya

I have checked above link. Login was working fine one week before. Suddenly something went wrong.

Jun 16, 2020 @ 06:39
    priya

Im getting error in console 'Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()' enter image description here

Jun 16, 2020 @ 09:46
    Dhanesh Kumar MJ

Hi Priya,

If https://our.umbraco.com/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/50407-Login-failed-for-user-in-Umbraco-7 this doesn't help

Then please do a fresh install and migrate the content from old one to new one using Usync.

Regards Dhanesh :)

Jun 18, 2020 @ 21:09
    priya

HI, i reinstalled and migrated the content from old one to new one..site Umbraco admin is working in Local . But Umbraco login not working in Live Server. Getting this Error server responded with a status of 403 /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Authentication/PostLogin 403..

Jun 22, 2020 @ 15:50
    Dhanesh Kumar MJ

Hey,

are you using any CDN? also please check the file permission in the Live server.

• Poornima Nayar 106 posts 276 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jun 22, 2020 @ 18:18
    Poornima Nayar

Did the machine key in the web.config change for any reason? Back office uses the machine key and the decryption key to encrypt and decrypt user passwords. If this has changed for some reason then you won’t be able to login. Also check whether other users can login.

• PG 6 posts 76 karma points
    Oct 13, 2020 @ 06:28
    PG

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue. You managed to fix this one? Please share the solution here.

Thanks

• Angelo 111 posts 260 karma points
    Oct 14, 2020 @ 14:38
    Angelo

hello there im facing the same issue ...any news on this ?

thank you

Angelo

Oct 15, 2020 @ 01:13
    PG

Hello Angelo,

In my case as I'm using Plesk Control panel.

The below changes fixed the issue.

Go to Tools & Settings > Web Application Firewall (ModSecurity) (in the Security group).

Set the web application firewall mode to Off or Detection only accordingly.

Let me know if that worked.

Regards

Param

• Angelo 111 posts 260 karma points
    Oct 15, 2020 @ 08:52
    Angelo

WT* ... :( ...it WORKED :D ... thank you PG amazing ...but what the hell is this ? what is the reason for this to happen ?

thank you

Angelo

Oct 15, 2020 @ 12:11
    PG

Hi Angelo,

I’m glad it worked out!

Actually, this Web Application Firewall (ModSecurity) is to prevent attacks and secure the web applications, so it verifies all requests from the server.

When it is set to - On the predefined rulesets prevents the UmbracoAPI requests and other authentication related requests which causes the issue.

Regards

Param

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft