Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Tony Lorentzen 79 posts 158 karma points
    Jun 18, 2020 @ 13:09
    Tony Lorentzen
    0

    This has been discussed a lot and I see similar bugs on the github, but it hasn't yet been fixed. Someone from the core development team, please address this issue.

    I'm running a website with multiple domain names and I have a LOT of issues with locks like this one:

    Cannot index queue items, the index is currently locked

    Right now I tried copying a page with descendants and it failed with this error:

    Lucene.Net.Store.LockObtainFailedException: Lock obtain timed out: [email protected]:\web\localuser\byens-hotel.dk\public_html\App_Data\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\External\write.lock

    I really hope someone can address these issues soon.

  • Tony Lorentzen 79 posts 158 karma points
    Jun 18, 2020 @ 13:16
    Tony Lorentzen
    0

    I also have problems deleting pages which will sometimes cause problems like this error:

    System.AggregateException: Exceptions were thrown by listed actions. ---> Lucene.Net.Store.LockObtainFailedException: Lock obtain timed out: [email protected]:\web\localuser\domain.dk\publichtml\AppData\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\External\write.lock

    It's driving me crazy. Someone help please.

    Running 8.3

  • Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10062 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jun 19, 2020 @ 12:33
    Ismail Mayat
    0

    Are you on azure? Also latest umbraco upgrade has some locking fixes. We have an instance on azure and every now and then we get index lock.

    We have 3 indexes and its always the custom one that locks. We have to manually delete the lock file and then search starts working again.

    We are planning upgrade soon hopefully that will fix the issue for us.

  • Tony Lorentzen 79 posts 158 karma points
    Jun 19, 2020 @ 12:35
    Tony Lorentzen
    0

    This particular site isn't on Azure, though I've definitely had lock-issues on Azure before. This website is hosted on Simply.com. Where are those lock files located?

  • Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10062 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jun 19, 2020 @ 14:04
    Ismail Mayat
    0

    the path to it is there in your original post its in appdata folder

  • Tony Lorentzen 79 posts 158 karma points
    Jun 19, 2020 @ 14:18
    Tony Lorentzen
    0

    Ah - yes. Sorry, silly me :-)

  • Steve Morgan 1301 posts 4351 karma points c-trib
    Jun 19, 2020 @ 12:43
    Steve Morgan
    0

    My thought was permissions - it sounds like it's creating the write.lock file and then not able to delete it.

    I'm sure you've probably checked it but just make sure the iis server's permissions include delete in the app_data folder - I've seen people have problems when they have modify but not full access?

  • Tony Lorentzen 79 posts 158 karma points
    Jun 19, 2020 @ 12:46
    Tony Lorentzen
    0

    Can't change permissions on folders as it's a hosted environment out of my reach.

  • Adrian Eriksson 3 posts 73 karma points
    Feb 10, 2021 @ 12:25
    Adrian Eriksson
    0

    Did you manage to fix this issue?

  • Tony Lorentzen 79 posts 158 karma points
    Feb 10, 2021 @ 13:56
    Tony Lorentzen
    1

    Nope. Umbraco 8 is still not good for running multiple sites with different domain names. To be honest - it's such a huge let down that I'm looking into using another CMS going forward. The core developer team has failed to fix this problem for more than a year.

  • Adrian Eriksson 3 posts 73 karma points
    Feb 10, 2021 @ 17:18
    Adrian Eriksson
    0

    Oh i see, thanks for the reply. I will make an effort to find a work-around, i have some ideas. I will let you know if it works:)

  • Adrian Eriksson 3 posts 73 karma points
    Feb 11, 2021 @ 11:38
    Adrian Eriksson
    0

    Got a fix for this! Worth saying is that i also Use Simply.com as host and two domains (one domain alias).

    So in my case it was the both External and the Internal Index which got the exception. I noticed that my CustomProduct Index, was doing fine.
    Therefore my first thought was to create another custom index for the documents. Then i rebuild the index on the "onpublish" event in Umbraco. Which worked out fine, the fix had been up and running for 12h without a problem.

    In Short: Use CustomIndexes, Use this in appSettings

    <add key="Umbraco.Core.LocalTempStorage" value="EnvironmentTemp" />
    
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft