Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• George Phillipson 108 posts 287 karma points
    Jun 18, 2020 @ 14:25
    George Phillipson

Max number of images that can added using media picker

Hi

Does anyone know what the maximum number of images the multimedia picker can select?

I'm about to start a project and the client has 250 images of different colours that a product can be, so I need to use the media picker so the client can pick the colours for each product.

So for example:

Product 1 may have 150 different colours

Product 2 may have 250 different colours

Thanks

George

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Jun 19, 2020 @ 11:41
    Steve Morgan

Hi George,

Have you considered just picking a media folder and then just outputting every image below. Seems like it would be an easier editor journey rather than having to upload and pick each one.

HTH

Jun 19, 2020 @ 11:53
    George Phillipson

Hi Steve

Thanks for the reply, I did think of that, but I would need to create multiple folders as each product has a different number of colour images, as the client seems to have limited storage I was thinking upload all images and they can pick the colours for each product.

Regards

George

• Dhanesh Kumar MJ 158 posts 511 karma points c-trib
    Jun 20, 2020 @ 10:47
    Dhanesh Kumar MJ

Hey George,

Please create folder in media against product programitically when creating a product,then it will solve the issue ? Make sense? 😊

Regards Dhanesh :)

Jun 20, 2020 @ 11:43
    George Phillipson

Hi Dhanesh

Don't think that will work, the client has 1,000 products, each product can have between 5 and 300 image colours.

If I upload all 300 colours in one go, then I'm only storing 300 images for the colours and the client can pick which colours for each product.

If for example, I create a folder for each product and the product has 10 colours, then I'm having to store 10,000 images.

The way I have decided to proceed is to create a new docType and under that add each colour image with colour code.

Then I'm going to use nested content in the product docType and use a content picker so that the client can select the colours for the product.

It should work :) hopefully

Regards

George

• Richard Hamilton 36 posts 158 karma points
    Jun 20, 2020 @ 12:34
    Richard Hamilton

If the question is, is there a limit, then no.

But if the same images can relate to multiple products, you could add a tag to the images and tag them in each product.

But really I don't see that being any easier to manage.

Jun 20, 2020 @ 13:12
    George Phillipson

Hi Richard

Thanks for the reply, each product can have the same image colour, it's just trying to work out the best way to add each colour to the product.

Only found out this morning about the image product code, that's why I have decided to go with the content picker.

I think that is my best option; it will also allow the client to be able to search for the colour via product code etc.

Regards

George

• Richard Hamilton 36 posts 158 karma points
    Jun 22, 2020 @ 09:14
    Richard Hamilton

Sounds like a better idea.

• Dhanesh Kumar MJ 158 posts 511 karma points c-trib
    Jun 20, 2020 @ 13:30
    Dhanesh Kumar MJ

Hey George,

Great!, it's nice idea 👍

Please Sign in or register to post replies