Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John 4 posts 54 karma points
    Jun 22, 2020 @ 09:00
    John

Examine - Getting IndexSetName from Searcher

HI folks,

I would like your help on extracting the IndexSetName from a Searcher. You can see the IndexSetName is available under each searcher. You can see this in ProviderProperties.

The reason I'm doing this I'm developing a plugin/package where you choose a Searcher e.g ExternalSearcher, InternalSearcher or any other.

I have to get the IndexSetName to create an event handler for GatheringNode.

ExamineManager.Instance.IndexProviderCollection["ExternalIndexer"].GatheringNodeData += MediaSearchController_GatheringNodeData;

var Searcher = ExamineManager.Instance.SearchProviderCollection["ExternalSearcher"];

I'm trying to avoid hardcoding the name of the Searcher (ExternalSearcher) and IndexSetName (ExternalIndexSet).

So I would select ExternalSearcher from a dropdown and it passes this name "ExternalSearcher" as a variable SearcherTypeName into the SearchProviderCollection.

var Searcher = ExamineManager.Instance.SearchProviderCollection[SearcherTypeName];

I need to do the same for ExamineManager.Instance.IndexProviderCollection["ExternalIndexer"]

How I get the IndexSetName from my choice of Searcher i.e. "ExternalIndexer"?

Is there a better of getting the IndexSetName? Would ExternalSearcher and ExternalIndexer always be available in all of Umbraco 7 installations?

Can you please help?

Update: This is what I can see from the Searcher properties. It's a bit limited

enter image description here

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jun 22, 2020 @ 10:30
    Ismail Mayat

John,

I have done with indexers and you have to cast it to LuceneIndex then you can get to the properties, I suspect you have to do something similar for searcher? Take a look at examine code and see what base class searcher implements.

Regards

Ismail

• John 4 posts 54 karma points
    Jun 22, 2020 @ 11:54
    John

Hi Ismail,

That fixed the issue. You've pointed me in the right direction. I needed LuceneSearcher.

var searchIndexer = (Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.LuceneSearcher)ExamineManager.Instance.SearchProviderCollection[2];

var indexSetName = searchIndexer.IndexSetName;

With this code, I was able to get the IndexSetName.

Thanks for your help, Ismail! :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft