Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jun 24, 2020 @ 10:59
    Ismail Mayat

Modify pre values data in backoffice

I have an existing v7 site. It was initially single site and in one of the doctypes there is prevalue datatype this has list of options lets say they are:

• Option 1
    • Option 2
    • Option 3

There is now a 2nd site added which is clone of first one but all its content has been updated. The issue now is that in this 2nd site i need slightly different options. I cannot update doctypes etc and have new list of prevalues as there will be too many rippling changes out to quite a few places including outside Umbraco. So ideally what I want todo is have my prevalues set to:

• Option 1
    • Option 2
    • Option 3
    • Option A
    • Option B
    • Option C

Then in backoffice when any content that is loaded or created using that prevalue get it to show either all option1 - 3 or for other site option a - c. I know that using WebApiHandler like https://github.com/jbreuer/Hybrid-Framework-for-Umbraco-v7-Best-Practises/blob/master/Umbraco.Extensions/Utilities/WebApiHandler.cs you can hook into backoffice and do stuff. In fact I have done this before where like the linked code i needed to set a startnode for a given property. So is it possible to fudge the list of prevalues presented in this way?

Regards

Ismail

Jun 24, 2020 @ 12:26
    Ismail Mayat

So thanks for Callum for this pointer and Paul for the blog post https://codeshare.co.uk/blog/how-to-add-default-values-to-umbraco-properties-in-the-backoffice/ I have the event working but still unsure how to swap or setup the dropdown of prevalues I want to show.

Jun 24, 2020 @ 12:54
    Ismail Mayat

So I created a new datatype with the values I need. I then implemented the event like so:

private void EditorModelEventManager_SendingContentModel(HttpActionExecutedContext sender, EditorModelEventArgs<ContentItemDisplay> e)
        {
            if (e.Model.ContentTypeAlias == Alert.ModelTypeAlias)
            {
                /
                var rootId = e.Model.Path.Split(',')[2];
                var siteRoot = e.UmbracoContext.Application.Services.ContentService.GetById(int.Parse(rootId));

if (siteRoot.Name.ToLower().Contains("site2"))
                {
                  //we need 
                  var property = e.Model.Properties.FirstOrDefault(f => f.Alias == Alert.GetModelPropertyType(c=>c.Audience).PropertyTypeAlias);
                  property.DataTypeId = new Guid("5f91261b-035e-4609-8b12-3dd7e68638aa");
                }
            }
        }

Basically I am setting the property audience to this new datatype which is dropdown prevalue but with different values. However I still see the other values. Am I missing something or is this even possible?

Jun 24, 2020 @ 15:19
    Ismail Mayat

Ok so I now have something working, feels very dirty though.

private void EditorModelEventManager_SendingContentModel(HttpActionExecutedContext sender, EditorModelEventArgs<ContentItemDisplay> e)
        {
            if (e.Model.ContentTypeAlias == Alert.ModelTypeAlias)
            {

var rootId = e.Model.Path.Split(',')[2];
                var siteRoot = e.UmbracoContext.Application.Services.ContentService.GetById(int.Parse(rootId));

if (siteRoot.Name.ToLower().Contains("site2"))
                {
                  //we need 
                  //will probably also need to fix up audience in grahpql??
                  var property = e.Model.Properties.FirstOrDefault(f => f.Alias == Alert.GetModelPropertyType(c=>c.Audience).PropertyTypeAlias);
                  var datatypeService = e.UmbracoContext.Application.Services.DataTypeService;

var all = datatypeService.GetAllDataTypeDefinitions();

var myAudience = all.First(x => x.Name.Equals("Alert Audience"));

property.DataTypeId = myAudience.Key;

var dataType =  datatypeService.GetDataTypeDefinitionById(myAudience.Key);

var preValues = datatypeService.GetPreValuesCollectionByDataTypeId(dataType.Id);

Dictionary<int, Dictionary<string,string>> items = BuildItems(preValues);

property.Config["items"] = items;

}
            }
        }

private Dictionary<int, Dictionary<string,string>> BuildItems(PreValueCollection preValues)
        {
            var newDropDownItems = new Dictionary<int, Dictionary<string, string>>();

foreach (var item in preValues.PreValuesAsDictionary.Where(k=>k.Key!="multiple"))
            {
                var values = new Dictionary<string, string> {{"value", item.Value.Value},{"sortOrder",item.Value.SortOrder.ToString()}};

newDropDownItems.Add(item.Value.Id,values);
            }

return newDropDownItems;
        }

Works saves fine and when you view item in backoffice it restores value correctly. I am having issues on frontend which in my case is graphql may need to tap into the render with a resolver.

Regards

Ismail

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft