Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Rud 231 posts 901 karma points c-trib
    Jun 26, 2020 @ 05:04
    Martin Rud

App pool crashes periodically - deleting /App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndexes/* and restarting pool helps (for some hours)

Hi,

I have a solution (v. 8.6.2) that has this problem:

The app pool crashes periodically and I get a 50x error. When I delete everything (3 folders) in /App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndexes/* and restarts the app pool it helps. But only for some hours and the I need to do it again.

I can see different errors in the Umbraco log that seem related to the issue:

• System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
    • Lucene.Net.Index.MergePolicy+MergeException: Exception of type 'Lucene.Net.Index.MergePolicy+MergeException' was thrown. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: l.fdt ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'd:\web\localuser\hallofdrums.dk\publichtml\App_Data\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\External_l.fdt'. (and other files also)
    • Lucene.Net.Store.LockObtainFailedException: Lock obtain timed out: SimpleFSLock@d:\web\localuser\hallofdrums.dk\publichtml\AppData\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\Internal\write.lock
    • System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Lock request time out period exceeded. The statement has been terminated.
  • Bo Jacobsen 590 posts 2366 karma points
    Jun 26, 2020 @ 06:24
    Bo Jacobsen

Hi Martin.

Do you by any chance have any property alias with the same name, but with different casing?

Or if you are using load balancing, then something might have the wrong settings?

I think this also could be caused, if there is 2 applications pools poiting to the same directory?

Jun 29, 2020 @ 04:29
    Martin Rud

Hi Bo,

Two properties with the same name, but with different casing: I don´t think so, but I will look into it if the below solution doesn´t work.

Load balancing: No.

2 applications pools pointing to the same directory: Don´t think so since the site is hosted at a hosting provider.

In this FB post I was adviced to increase database connection timeout so I have now changed the timeout to 30s (default should be 15s). Found it here: https://stackoverflow.com/.../connection-timeout-for-sql... (added ";Connection Timeout=30" to the connection string.

I will now wait for some days to see if it works: Sometimes it arises again after a few hours and other times everything is ok for several days (like now).

• Dennis Pedersen 4 posts 115 karma points
    Jun 29, 2020 @ 06:52
    Dennis Pedersen

Hi Martin. As i wrote on facebook the SQL connection might be timing out. Hence i suggested you could try changing the connection timeout to the sql server.

While it is not a "fix" but a temporary fix until you can find out what is causing it to timeout. That being said you could also just live with the fact that it might be slow ;-) thats up to you!

Jul 06, 2020 @ 04:53
    Martin Rud

I have now for the last week had the connection timeout set to 120 secs (Connection Timeout=120;) but I still get the same error and just as often.

So the problem must be somewhere else. I will start by looking at Bo Jacobsens suggestion: "Do you by any chance have any property alias with the same name, but with different casing?"

I have a lot of document types to go through. Is there an easy way - an SQL statement made on the database - that can show me all the property aliases I have created?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft