Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mikkel.S 33 posts 167 karma points
    Jun 26, 2020 @ 12:34
    Mikkel.S

Is it possible to discard a "spam" form-submission BEFORE the workflow?

Hey guys,

I know it's a vague description, but what I need is a "honeypot" solution of sorts. But I do not wish to create a new Workflow for this to work, so I was wondering, and hoping, if there was a different approach?

For now, all I have been able to find on Google was to create unique Workflows for each specific form-pattern; such as "Contact form", "Rent form" etc.

Is there a controller of sorts in which you can intercept the request for data-check? I.e. if a field which shouldn't be filled is filled, then the request should be discarded.

We are using Umbraco 7.12.4.

Thanks in advance,

Mikkel.

• Matthew Wise 271 posts 1373 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jun 26, 2020 @ 13:09
    Matthew Wise

You could create a custom field similar to this Recaptha v3 package - https://github.com/shaishavkarnani/RecaptchaV3/tree/master/RecaptchaV3

Matt

• Mikkel.S 33 posts 167 karma points
    Jan 14, 2021 @ 07:09
    Mikkel.S

Hey Matt,

Thanks for getting back to me, and sorry for the slow reply. We actually ended up using ReCaptcha as well - But in another situation also ended up creating a new workflow. In both cases I stuck with using ReCaptcha as it seemed like a great and easy approach.

Thanks once again, I'll mark your answer as the correct one.

/Mikkel.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jan 26, 2021 @ 22:12
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi

There is a great package without using Google services - https://our.umbraco.com/packages/website-utilities/ham-approver-for-umbraco-forms/

It uses Plino

Thanks,

Alex

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft