Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel 29 posts 142 karma points
    Jul 01, 2020 @ 09:09
    Daniel

UI-O-Matic not installing on Umbraco version 8.6.2,

Hi,

I have issues with installing UI-O-Matic: I have 2 websites started from scratch, one with Modelsbuilder 8.1 and one with Modelsbuilder 8.6.

In those 2 sites, I installed Nibble.Umbraco.UIOMatic -Version 3.0.9

They result both in the same error, not displaying the Summary dashboard:

Request error: The URL returned a 404 (not found): /umbraco/backoffice/UIOMatic/object/GetSummaryDashboardTypes

I only see the UI-O-Matic at the left-hand side. enter image description here I then tried with a new Umbraco site, installing the StarterKit, and again installing UIOMatic . However, there I don't even see the menu entry for UI-O-Matic (next to translation). Menu without UI-O-Matic entry Can anybody tell me if I forget something, or is this a bug?

Thank you,

Daniel

• Comment author was deleted

Jul 01, 2020 @ 12:59

Hey Daniel, do you have a custom class using the UI-0-Matic stuff?

And for the second issue, does your user have access to the section (check user settings/user type settings)

Jul 01, 2020 @ 13:33
    Daniel

Hi Tim, Thanks for the prompt reply!

For the 2nd question, I am administrator. (In all cases) As you can see, there is no "UI-O-Matic: group to give access to. I am also administrator in the first 2 sites, and there I can see the UI-o-Matic group in the Administrator's list. Admin selections

Regarding the first question: "do you have a custom class using the UI-0-Matic stuff?" I added the People class, starting from your github example. This resulted in the same error as described above ( no Summary dashboard), followed by the below error.

Let me also say, I do NOT have any "backoffice" directory in the Umbraco directory - in any of the 3 cases I tried...

The above resulted in the following error:

An error occured Invalid object name 'Person'.

Exception Details System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'Person'. Stacktrace at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString, Boolean isInternal, Boolean forDescribeParameterEncryption, Boolean shouldCacheForAlwaysEncrypted)...

Thanks for your help!

Jul 01, 2020 @ 13:40

hey is your project by any chance also called uiomatic? That appaers to have some side effects with the sections in umbraco... if possible could you give (or create a new project) with a new name, like just test ... just not containing uiomatic..

Hey, for the error you are getting, that's because your db doesn't have the table... UI-O-Matic will not generate the table... what db engine are you using? I can send you the create script...

Jul 01, 2020 @ 15:26
    Daniel

Thanks Tim - got way further...

2nd issue: indeed the site was called UIOMatic - thanks for telling you cannot call your project UIOMatic :-)

I created a new, empty site, and called it UIOTest - using version 3.0.11. Then I created the People table and got things working.

I will continue from the new site, and redo what I already did before. Will be the fastest way.

There is just one more test I will do: My initial sites have a different "Umbraco" directory - for security reasons. I will test if one can install your package with this "other" Umbraco directory.

I will mark your previous message as the solution, as I can go further now. I will further update you with the change in the Umbraco directoy.

Thanks!

Jul 01, 2020 @ 15:56
    Daniel

Hi Tim, As I suspected, the renaming of the 'Umbraco" directory gave me the same issue as I had with my original sites. I tried changing that directory to "Umbraco" in the original sites, but the result seemed the same...

So to have UI-O-Matic working properly, I need to have the "Umbraco" directory. Maybe I should mark this as an issue?

Cheers, and thanks for the package!

Daniel

Extract of the web.config which resulted in the "No dashboard" error:

<add key="Umbraco.Core.ConfigurationStatus" value="8.6.3"/>
        <add key="Umbraco.Core.ReservedUrls" value="~/newdir" />
        <add key="Umbraco.Core.ReservedPaths" value="~/newdir" />
        <add key="Umbraco.Core.Path" value="~/newdir" />
        <add key="umbracoPath" value="~/newdir" />

<!--<add key="Umbraco.Core.ReservedUrls" value=""/>
        <add key="Umbraco.Core.ReservedPaths" value=""/>
        <add key="Umbraco.Core.Path" value="~/umbraco"/>-->

Jul 01, 2020 @ 19:34

Yes, add it to the issue tracker, that would be ace :)

https://github.com/TimGeyssens/UIOMatic/issues

Thanks, Tim

Jul 01, 2020 @ 19:48

think I found the issue, if you try to ugrade ui-o-matic to 3.0.12 let me know if that works

Jul 02, 2020 @ 10:18
    Daniel

Hi Tim, You not only found the issue, but also the solution! Problem solved. Thank you so much. (Updated the correct answer)

Jul 02, 2020 @ 10:20

sweet!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft