Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Corey 5 posts 75 karma points
    Jul 01, 2020 @ 14:53
    Corey

Umbraco Form breaks on deploy

Forms will not load within the Umbraco Backoffice or front-end templates after deployment.

I used Web Deploy to Azure for a dev site and the Forms showed up fine. I then deployed to an Azure live env using Azure CI from BitBucket and the Forms are broken. I have confirmed the form and workflow json files are in their proper place on the remote environment. I also disconnected the CI and used Web Deploy to live, but the same problem occurs with Forms.

Note: Live env is running a copy of the database from the working env.

Error received:

Unhandled controller exception occurred for request '"http://nordic-live.rhinogroup.com/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoForms/Form/GetWithWorkflowsByGuid?guid=f9ea767a-0e4e-4c90-85f1-53ef42c60793"'

Umbraco.Forms.Core.Exceptions.ProviderException: Unable to find the Field with the GUID 3f92e01b-29e2-4a30-bf33-9df5580ed52c at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.FieldCollection.get_Item(Guid id) at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Services.FieldTypeStorage.GetFieldTypeByField(Field field) at Umbraco.Forms.Web.Editors.FormController.GetWithWorkflowsByGuid(Guid guid)

Umbraco version 8.6.1 Umbraco Forms: 8.4.1

• Corey 5 posts 75 karma points
    Jul 01, 2020 @ 18:33
    Corey

So I discovered the problem here. The deployment did not include all of the Umbraco.Forms assemblies. Installing the plugin does not add them as project references, so I dropped them into a /lib/ folder in my solution and referenced them from there. The next deployment built successfully.

All DLL files installed with Umbraco Forms need to be referenced in your web project.

• Mario Lopez 168 posts 952 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jul 01, 2020 @ 23:02
    Mario Lopez

I recommend you to install it as nuget package instead.

• Mike Chadwick 41 posts 182 karma points
    Jun 09, 2022 @ 11:11
    Mike Chadwick

Use Nuget to install:

https://www.nuget.org/packages/UmbracoForms/8.12.2 Latest Umbraco v8 version works with UmbracoCms > v8.1.0

Install-Package UmbracoForms -Version 8.12.2

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft