Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Edgar Rasquin 326 posts 925 karma points
    Jul 10, 2020 @ 16:29
    Edgar Rasquin

Models Builder "AppData" Mode - type or namespace name ... does not exist in the namespace 'Umbraco.Web.PublishedModels' - error

Hi,

I just started my first v8 website. I did a clean install v8.6.3 with the starter kit installed.

Since I am developing in visual studio I tried switching to Model Builder "AppData" Mode:

enter image description here

As soon as I start the site I get this error:

Line 42:     public class _Page_Views_home_cshtml : Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoViewPage<ContentModels.Home> {

In the backend I generated the Models using the Models Builder 8.6.3: enter image description here

That generates the .cs files in App_Data > Models: enter image description here

But in VS I still get the error:

The type or namespace name 'Home' does not exist in the namespace 'Umbraco.Web.PublishedModels'

Trying to get to the homepage I get the equivalent error screen: enter image description here

When I switch back to Models Builder "PureLive" mode, the page works fine.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks so much!

• Edgar Rasquin 326 posts 925 karma points
    Jul 13, 2020 @ 08:44
    Edgar Rasquin

My mistake.

By accident I created in VS a ASP.NET Webapp Project in Visual Basic instead of c#

Created the correct c# app and everything works as expected.

• Richard Hamilton 36 posts 158 karma points
    Oct 10, 2020 @ 12:48
    Richard Hamilton

Errgh! I can't believe I have exactly the same problem. Been pulling my hair out, seen this post and I also have installed a vb.net project!

I think its the default in VS2019!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft