Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt 353 posts 825 karma points
    Jul 14, 2020 @ 15:04
    Matt

Issue with Media and RTE

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with media and RTE and its really strange!

So I have a website which is running usync, I wanted to create a copy of this and tweak it for another project. So what I did was installed latest version of Umbraco and did a usync export of the website I want and imported it onto the new project.

Great, everything worked, all the images content showed how I want. my issue now is if I make any changes to my RTE this then causes the images not to show once published... even tho they appear in the editor windows....

Also if I then go to add any images via RTE they will upload, show on the editor window but if I publish again they wont appear.

If I remove the data udi="umb://media/e08b6a6425ac404fa43c075af7f97e05" from the source then the images appear.... Although I cant expect an editor to remove this every time they add an image.

Any pointers?

Thanks

• Kevin Jump 2311 posts 14697 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jul 15, 2020 @ 13:56
    Kevin Jump

Hi

Just to update this should anyone come across it.

after looking into it, it looks like the partial file for rendering RTE Elements in the grid (/views/partials/grid/editors/rte.cshtml) was from a site pre Umbraco v8.2.1 - ( https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/commit/5e684487c07994ceb6ad553b42b82279bd1cb59b#diff-9c6801ce6015cf82d1ce2a5c583d9874 )

there is a fix in umbraco v8.2.1 that adds a additional lines to this file to fix images not showing up in the grid.

Copying over the views from the old site appears to have done this (its what i would have done!).

advice might be don't overwrite the the views/partials/grid folder when bringing in files from an old install.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft