Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nathan Reece 62 posts 376 karma points
    Jul 17, 2020 @ 02:01
    Nathan Reece

How do I Create a Content node for my newly created doctype

I have created a new doc type and filled it with property's in Umbraco 8. But now I cannot find where I can add the actual content to my doc type.

Can anyone help me out??.

• David Armitage 505 posts 2073 karma points
    Jul 17, 2020 @ 02:04
    David Armitage

Hi Nathan,

Sorry I am not sure what you mean here.

Do you mean that you have create a doc type but this is not available in the content section?

Regards

David

Jul 17, 2020 @ 02:06
    Nathan Reece

Hey David,

Yes that what I mean.

Do you know how to resolve this?

Jul 17, 2020 @ 02:13
    David Armitage

Hi,

Yes. So the process of adding new page / doc type is...

1. Create Template. This will be used later. You will relate the template to the doc type. The template is also the place where you will store your html.

2. Now go and create your doc type. This will contain all your properties. Go into the template tab and select the template you have created.

3. Not that's the doc type and template created Ok. To be able to use this in the content section you need to first allow this document type from been used.

Assuming you have downloaded the starter site you will already have an homepage node.

Go into the settings section. Select the homepage document type. Now go into I think its the permissions tab. In there you can choose what child document types are allowed to be added. Select your new doc type here.

Assuming you haven't installed the starter site and this is your first page. So you haven't got a homepage doc type yet. IF this is the case you need to click on your new doc type, go to the permissions and select allow at root.

enter image description here

Hope this helps.

Regards

David

Jul 17, 2020 @ 02:20
    Nathan Reece

Cherrs David, I'll Give it a try now.

Nath

Jul 17, 2020 @ 02:31
    David Armitage

No worries.

If you are just starting out with Umbraco a really good resource is https://umbraco.tv/

There is pretty much a video for most things like this. There might be a bit of cross over from Umbraco 7 and 8 and the videos might be based on Umbraco 7.

The interface in the videos might look slightly different to your version but all the main principals are the same. I think that would be still a good starting point.

Regards

David

Jul 17, 2020 @ 03:34
    Nathan Reece

Thanks David,

That's worked Fine.

I have wrote a blog breaking this complete process down Step by Step to help anyone else running into the same problems i did Here is the Link

https://www.umbrajobs.com/blog/posts/2020/july/how-to-create-a-new-doc-typetemplate-and-page-in-umbraco-8/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft