Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ken Schnell 35 posts 147 karma points
    Jul 17, 2020 @ 18:33
    Ken Schnell

Unpublish Options are missing from Save and Publish button.

I had been editing and umbraco website and all of the sudden it appeared as though the theme for the backend office changed.

I no longer have the options to schedule publishing or the option to unpublish , what is going on ?

Can some one tell me what I need to do to fix this?

enter image description here

Jul 18, 2020 @ 00:54
    Ken Schnell

Under normal conditions I have this : Note Save and publish with the drop arrow n the right. I can restart application and this can show up , I click on one of the documents I created in the content view and that document apparently changes the css and I get a nice theme but an nonworking button - I do not know what is happening here. I am not loading or assigning any css files. enter image description here

As an additional bit of information - I click on the items listed in the picture and the umbraco back office style changes on the fly - I do not know why this happens . does anyone have an idea ? Click Image Icon and CSS Changes

• Chris Evans 137 posts 353 karma points c-trib
    Jul 21, 2020 @ 02:59
    Chris Evans

My guess would be that there's a custom control on that particular page that is breaking the css.

Is that page using property types from a 3rd party package, or custom controls that have been developed specifically for this website?

Jul 21, 2020 @ 06:49
    Ken Schnell

There are no custom controls. So I went through the object looking for anything that applied CSS, since this is a copy of the other (with some additions) I was not expecting any differences. There are two rich text editors

I decided to go have a look at the styles on all of the contained objects. Looking for differences. I found that there were styles selected on one of the text editors including the news-card. So I unchecked almost all of them and left bootstrap checked. This seemed to do the trick. The button is now with the split to the right and it has functionality.

I do think that this is really bad behavior.

Why should my text editor affect elements outside of that editor? Especially when the editor is an editor for content with in the editor itself. I simply touched that document in the content tree. Styles on the text editor should apply to the text in the text editor and nothing else.

I think the issue I can call is solved ..

Thank you..

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Jul 20, 2020 @ 17:21
    Steve Morgan

Run the browser dev tools when you click on this node - there will be an error that will give you a clue as to what is going wrong.

Steve

Jul 20, 2020 @ 17:23
    Ken Schnell

There are no errors. It does not give me any idea.

The CSS is definitely changing - because you can see the theme difference in the buttons.

BTW: Thank you for taking the time to provide some direction.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft