Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 23, 2020 @ 09:19
    Ismail Mayat

Custom streaming media server

I am running 7.15.4 umbraco instance, I also use umbraco graphql package to serve the content. I have a react front end that gets the content from umbraco.

The content that the react front end retrieves is via .net core webapi proxy.

The react front end cannot talk directly to umbraco it can only get content via the proxy. Currently everything works really well. The issue I have is the content I am getting back which has rich text fields I want to put images in there. I can do this and I can get the content and it will have reference to the images, however issue is because the front end cannot see umbraco it cannot get the images.

I cannot use any kind of cloud storage like azure blob storage or aws. I do have something working where before i sent the content back from graphql I pre process and base64 the images in the content that all works but it's not very efficient. And if my graphql query was to say send back 100 items with 2 images each and each one is a 1mb then that payload could get very big.

So anyone got any suggestions as to how to get round this issue?

So maybe on the proxy end pre process the content and find the image paths and then get the images via umbraco end point that streams back the image I can then save those images locally to the proxy? So effectively my proxy becomes an image storage server?

Any comments thoughts most welcome.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft