Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Neil Hodges 338 posts 987 karma points
    Jul 24, 2020 @ 09:07
    Neil Hodges

Hi

Been working on a Umbraco 8 website, all working fine in 8.6.2, added in Vendr and all fine. Been working on the site for a couple of weeks.

I added in an API Controller last night, ran Umbraco to test the API call and got hit by this:

Boot failed: Umbraco cannot run. See Umbraco's log file for more details.

-> Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: Boot failed.

-> System.InvalidOperationException: The migration plan does not support migrating from state "1dc031f7-57c6-48f3-a85f-d2a2a1f3643d".
      at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.MigrationPlan.ThrowOnUnknownInitialState(String state) in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Migrations\MigrationPlan.cs:line 278
      at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.MigrationPlan.Execute(IScope scope, String fromState, IMigrationBuilder migrationBuilder, ILogger logger) in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Migrations\MigrationPlan.cs:line 306
      at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.Upgrade.Upgrader.Execute(IScopeProvider scopeProvider, IMigrationBuilder migrationBuilder, IKeyValueService keyValueService, ILogger logger) in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Migrations\Upgrade\Upgrader.cs:line 67
      at Vendr.Core.Composing.VendrCoreComponent.Initialize()
      at Umbraco.Core.Composing.ComponentCollection.Initialize() in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Composing\ComponentCollection.cs:line 32
      at Umbraco.Core.Runtime.CoreRuntime.Boot(IRegister register, DisposableTimer timer) in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Runtime\CoreRuntime.cs:line 188

I've double-checked the connection string to the DB, that's all correct. I've re-added the password and user to the DB, Its literally just stopped working?

Ive removed the API controller from the code in a desperate attempt to get it back, rebuilt but again the same problem.

My last-ditch effort was to upgrade it from 8.6.2 to 8.6.3 and it did start to upgrade, I got the upgrade screen say it had been upgraded from 8.6.2 to 8.6.3 but I get this error again.

Any idea what's going on? How can I bring the site back?

• Neil Hodges 338 posts 987 karma points
    Jul 24, 2020 @ 09:16
    Neil Hodges

So it looks like for some reason the Vendr DLLs were old versions.

Upgrading the Vendr DLLs has everything back up and running.

One to watch out for if anyone else runs into this :)

• andy 25 posts 94 karma points c-trib
    Mar 29, 2021 @ 12:33
    andy

Thanks! This helped me to diagnose a similar error which occurred with another package (SeoChecker). Older DLLs were on our preproduction environment after a swap of production and preproduction

• Liam Dilley 152 posts 378 karma points
    Apr 16, 2021 @ 05:42
    Liam Dilley

Another use case for anyone.

If you had a Project or you copied from a Project and renamed everything Umbraco builds any custom Contact/Models by default into single DLL based on the project name.

Remove that old Project DLL and sister files and rebuild. The rebuilt DLL under the new name will be the only one there.

It is two DLL's with the same models etc in there conflicting.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft