Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Arul Pushpam Murugan 16 posts 108 karma points
    Jul 24, 2020 @ 16:18
    Arul Pushpam Murugan

add custom dashboard via package

i have created my umbraco package with two custom dashboards. i used this code.

<Actions> <Action runat="install" alias="addDashboardSection" dashboardAlias="MyDashboardSection"> <section> <areas> <area>content</area> </areas> <tab caption="Dash1"> <control>/App_Plugins/dashboards/SiteDashBoard.html?v=1.0.1</control> </tab> </section> </Action>
    <Action runat="install" alias="addSchemaSection" dashboardAlias="MySchemaSection"> <section> <areas> <area>content</area> </areas> <tab caption="Dash2"> <control>/App_Plugins/dashboards/SchemaDashBoard.html?v=1.0.1</control> </tab> </section> </Action> </Actions>

it always take the first dashboard and second one is not showing.how i will show my two dashboards using umbraco package.

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jul 25, 2020 @ 06:52
    Marc Goodson

Hi Arul

Are you updating the /config/dashboards.config

https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Reference/Config/dashboard/index-v7#sample

?

If so I'm not sure you need the <actions><action element: the markup of this config files follows this pattern:

<dashBoard>
        <section>
            <areas>
                <area>content</area>
            </areas>
            <tab caption="Welcome">
                <control>/app_plugins/mycustomdashboard/customwelcome.html</control>
            </tab>
        </section>
    </dashBoard>

regards

Marc

Jul 25, 2020 @ 09:57
    Arul Pushpam Murugan

Hai Marc, your way is correct in the dashboard section using code vice.I need a configuration sample for the install dashboard using the package.I mean i've a package and i have two custom dashboards in my package.I need to install my two custom dashboards using the package .

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jul 25, 2020 @ 15:54
    Marc Goodson

ha, sorry Arul totally misread the question...!

Have you tried combining into one action?

eg:

<Action runat="install" alias="addDashboardSection" dashboardAlias="MyDashboardSection">
          <section>
            <areas>
              <area>content</area>
            </areas>
            <tab caption="Dash1">         <control>/App_Plugins/dashboards/SiteDashBoard.html?v=1.0.1</control>
            </tab>
      <tab caption="Dash2">
              <control>/App_Plugins/dashboards/SchemaDashBoard.html?v=1.0.1</control>
            </tab>
          </section>
        </Action>

If you have a look here at the implementation:

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/v7/dev/src/umbraco.cms/businesslogic/Packager/PackageActions/addDashboardSection.cs#L16

I think you can combine all your dashboards into one instruction, which is why only the first may be actioned...

regards

Marc

Jul 25, 2020 @ 16:59
    Arul Pushpam Murugan

Hi Marc Goodson, Thank you so much. I was fighting with it for the last two days. now it resolved. actually I thought we can use any string as the alias name. now I cleared the alias name. we can use only the inbuilt alias name for this. You are a rock man.

Cheers, Arul Pushpam Murugan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft